Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Boars (european big pigs) in Canada?

Re: Boars (european big pigs) in Canada?

Quote Originally Posted by Ltbullken View Post
    I guess if my dog was running loose on crown land while a rancher who shot it should equally held to account, but we know where the blame lies... although my dog was 'at large'.

... popcorn's ready!
    UIf yer dog is running loose on my crown grazing lease harrasing my cattle yer dang right I would shoot it ... and would be rightous in doing so
    A true Archery Nut

Willing to help and answer archery related questions to the best of my ability ...all you gotta do is ask

Quote Originally Posted by Ltbullken View Post
    Remedies are not always clearly spelled out but animals that destroy habitat can be destroyed.
    So you spell the remedies out according to what you think is right. Great! Just make sure the rancher or farmer is not nearby with a shotgun or rifle when you're out protecting the environment by shooting livestock.
    "Wouldn’t it be wise for us to be more tolerant of each other and pick our battles with the ones that really threaten our way of life?"

Quote Originally Posted by Bowzone_Mikey View Post
    UIf yer dog is running loose on my crown grazing lease harrasing my cattle yer dang right I would shoot it ... and would be rightous in doing so
    Absolutey - I agree with you.
    Regards,

Ltbullken
    Freelance Wildlife Population Manager
    Animals - If you can't eat 'em, wear 'em!

Quote Originally Posted by Bowzone_Mikey View Post
    this has been covered and if you use the search feature it will really help.

OK Folks it seems as if little Mrs Information has been getting around. I suggest some folks protect themselves by opening a book or seeking out the pertinant(sp) acts and regulations before finding themselves in court

Quote Originally Posted by elkdom View Post
    first is they make "piggee poo" lol
    and they tear up crops(unbelievable amout of damage) by rootin up plants, trees, I had 6 russian wild boar for several years, tiny little piggiees when I got them about size of small house cat! I penned them in with heavy lumber fence, they ate the fence, I dug 24 inches deep, a trench then burried heavy guage page wire fence,they dug under it, part of the pig pen was built containing a concrete foundation 14 ft by 24 ft and six inches thick, over a period of 5 years they rooted up, tore apart, and ATE the friggen concrete! mostly chewed it into little pieces, fuuny thing in the fall, I would take home large straw bale about 1000 pounder, unload it in thier compound, then they would dig under the bale, make tunnels, lay there in cold weather, I would go outside at minus -40 and no pigs to be seen! shake the feed bucket and out they come in single file! lmao,, they grew to wiegh about 200 kilo, hairy- scary looking things with big tusks, and they are VERY smart! OH and one more thing when they were about 2 years old I bought a domestic "pink pig" about 150 pounds live wieght, brought the pink pig home, thought I would let it live with the wild boars, big mistake, imediatly upon entering the pen, the wild boars attacked the domestic pig and litterly tore it to pieces in seconds, scariest thing I ever saw! I didnt have time to even think what to do to stop them!! In 30 minutes they ate the whole domestic pig, nothing but blood in the pen, no bones, no skin, no scull, nothing left of the domestic pig!!
    Hmmmm, a fellow named Picton comes to mind!!!

If you shoot one post it because you would be the first person i knowto have ever shot one. I wounder why there there is no unicorn.

I have an uncle in europe that hunts them, and i can tell you first hand.. The meat is amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Barracuda View Post
    this has been covered and if you use the search feature it will really help.

OK Folks it seems as if little Mrs Information has been getting around. I suggest some folks protect themselves by opening a book or seeking out the pertinant(sp) acts and regulations before finding themselves in court
    If someone were to illegally shoot my dog or horse court would be the least of their worries. But otherwise I agree with your statement. Lots of guys on here think they know what they can and can not do. It would be wise to find out for certain before touching that trigger.