Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Boars (european big pigs) in Canada?

Re: Boars (european big pigs) in Canada?

I assume boar hunting is usually done over bait? At least that's what I've read on US forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by todbartell View Post
    You can do it buddy! you're a terrific person inside! (just not on the outside)

We hunted pigs all the time when I lived in Texas. The typical hunt was either out of blinds over bait or spotting while driving on ranch roads. The meat is great and quite lean for pork. I love hunting them but if not controlled they can realy make a mess in a hurry. It is better for us to travel to hunt pigs than to have them here.

I would love to get my hands on some bacon.

what kinda mess do they make?

Talking Re: Boars (european big pigs) in Canada?

Quote Originally Posted by Shermdog View Post
    what kinda mess do they make?
    first is they make "piggee poo" lol
    and they tear up crops(unbelievable amout of damage) by rootin up plants, trees, I had 6 russian wild boar for several years, tiny little piggiees when I got them about size of small house cat! I penned them in with heavy lumber fence, they ate the fence, I dug 24 inches deep, a trench then burried heavy guage page wire fence,they dug under it, part of the pig pen was built containing a concrete foundation 14 ft by 24 ft and six inches thick, over a period of 5 years they rooted up, tore apart, and ATE the friggen concrete! mostly chewed it into little pieces, fuuny thing in the fall, I would take home large straw bale about 1000 pounder, unload it in thier compound, then they would dig under the bale, make tunnels, lay there in cold weather, I would go outside at minus -40 and no pigs to be seen! shake the feed bucket and out they come in single file! lmao,, they grew to wiegh about 200 kilo, hairy- scary looking things with big tusks, and they are VERY smart! OH and one more thing when they were about 2 years old I bought a domestic "pink pig" about 150 pounds live wieght, brought the pink pig home, thought I would let it live with the wild boars, big mistake, imediatly upon entering the pen, the wild boars attacked the domestic pig and litterly tore it to pieces in seconds, scariest thing I ever saw! I didnt have time to even think what to do to stop them!! In 30 minutes they ate the whole domestic pig, nothing but blood in the pen, no bones, no skin, no scull, nothing left of the domestic pig!!
    sit quietly by the river,,,,,,

eventually the bodies of your enemies will come floating by,,,,

EEK, than sounds like horror show. Not sure I want wild boar running around the valley.
    Cari-Bow Snowbird
    Hoyt GM with TradTech Carbon/Wood Limbs
    2008 Mathews Drenalin
    Ruger Predator 6.5 Creedmoor with Magpul Stock
    1895G .45-70

woke up with a few sows

Wink Re: Boars (european big pigs) in Canada?

Quote Originally Posted by Barracuda View Post
    woke up with a few sows
    just a few??? lol

So whats the differance between a pig and a hunter???

A pig dont turn into a hunter after 10 beers !!!!!
    sit quietly by the river,,,,,,

eventually the bodies of your enemies will come floating by,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by elkdom View Post
    first is they make "piggee poo" lol
    and they tear up crops(unbelievable amout of damage) by rootin up plants, trees, I had 6 russian wild boar for several years, tiny little piggiees when I got them about size of small house cat! I penned them in with heavy lumber fence, they ate the fence, I dug 24 inches deep, a trench then burried heavy guage page wire fence,they dug under it, part of the pig pen was built containing a concrete foundation 14 ft by 24 ft and six inches thick, over a period of 5 years they rooted up, tore apart, and ATE the friggen concrete! mostly chewed it into little pieces, fuuny thing in the fall, I would take home large straw bale about 1000 pounder, unload it in thier compound, then they would dig under the bale, make tunnels, lay there in cold weather, I would go outside at minus -40 and no pigs to be seen! shake the feed bucket and out they come in single file! lmao,, they grew to wiegh about 200 kilo, hairy- scary looking things with big tusks, and they are VERY smart! OH and one more thing when they were about 2 years old I bought a domestic "pink pig" about 150 pounds live wieght, brought the pink pig home, thought I would let it live with the wild boars, big mistake, imediatly upon entering the pen, the wild boars attacked the domestic pig and litterly tore it to pieces in seconds, scariest thing I ever saw! I didnt have time to even think what to do to stop them!! In 30 minutes they ate the whole domestic pig, nothing but blood in the pen, no bones, no skin, no scull, nothing left of the domestic pig!!
    Pics pls.

Of the boars not the carnage.
    ANY SOCIETY THAT WOULD GIVE UP A LITTLE LIBERTY TO GAIN A LITTLE SECURITY WILL DESERVE NEITHER AND LOSE BOTH.

- Benjamin Franklin

Brick Top: And when you got your six pieces, you gotta get rid of them, because it's no good leaving it in the deep freeze for your mum to discover, now is it? Then I hear the best thing to do is feed them to pigs. You got to starve the pigs for a few days, then the sight of a chopped-up body will look like curry to a pisshead. You gotta shave the heads of your victims, and pull the teeth out for the sake of the piggies' digestion. You could do this afterwards, of course, but you don't want to go sievin' through pig shit, now do you? They will go through bone like butter. You need at least sixteen pigs to finish the job in one sitting, so be wary of any man who keeps a pig farm. They will go through a body that weighs 200 pounds in about eight minutes. That means that a single pig can consume two pounds of uncooked flesh every minute. Hence the expression, "as greedy as a pig".
    From the Movie "Snatch"

Note to self: Don't p!$$ off Elkdom.