Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hunting Camo

Hunting Camo

I just dropped by my local hunting/fishing shop and saw the price tags for some of the hunting wear.... shocked lol
    does camo-wear actually help in hunting? or is it a fad?
    i also noticed basically everyone wears camo in the pics on this site.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Hunting Camo

I find it works best for truck hunting.

I wear it in the back yard in the bushes and drink beer so the wife cant find me
    If you havent got time to do it right the first time, when are you going to have time to do it over.

Quote Originally Posted by SAVAGE300 View Post
    I wear it in the back yard in the bushes and drink beer so the wife cant find me

Now that's funny!!!
    Too many freaks, not enough circuses.

Quote Originally Posted by Kye View Post
    I find it works best for truck hunting.
    Exactly.
    I have camo seat covers so when I wear my camo in the truck the deer think no-one is driving and they come closer.

I read an interesting article that says the intent of camo is not necessarily to "blend" into the environment but more to just break up your outline. Also read that most animals we hunt are pretty well colour blind so the colours of your camo really don't matter that much.

But it does look really neat.

Quote Originally Posted by SAVAGE300 View Post
    This guy could use some...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSbteUHn2Vo
    Your account has been banned permanently. Reason: Your account has been blocked due to comments that could be construed as hate speech. For more information, please visit: http://cbc.ca/submissions.

As an avid predator hunter I'll say yes *some* camo works amazing. 3D camo works great in most early season conditions and good winter camo works incredible.

Something most people dont realize about camo is the small tight leaf type patterns are nowhere near as effective at breaking up your outline as most would think. You step back 50 yards and it may as well be a dark green pair of coveralls. The bigger type patters with large branches or broken lines (Predator Camo is my favourite style)seem to do the best outside that close and personal zone. Otherwise at 150 yards... as you sneak along the edge of a cut you just look like a dark human shape moving suspicously dangerous.

The tight leaf type patterns are best for fooling hunters into a purchase.
    Last edited by boonerbuck; 10-23-2008 at 05:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Teach View Post
    Wow, That's freaking hilarious!!

Just picked up some Remington brand camo at Wally World - insulated pants and 3-way jacket in Real Tree pattern for under $170. Thought it was a pretty good deal. My main reason for buying it was to have something to get blood 'n' guts on without pissing off the g/f, she hates it when I wreck the 'goin-to-town-duds'

Anyone have any experience with this stuff? Is it junk? Are they gonna have to pry my gun from my cold, dead hands???

Biggest thing I like about my gear is the fact its all waterproof and quiet. The point of it being camo is ... well.... doesnt matter that much to me really. Around here the best hunting can be had in some nasty weather. Now I can be out all day and stay pretty comfy and DRY.
    A Pine needle falls. An Eagle sees it. A Deer hears it. A Bear smells it