Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where to buy meindles?

Re: Where to buy meindles?

My first pair was from Marks Workwear house and the my second was from AJ Brooks.

lap
    "For the man who can, not once by accident, but again and again, as a regular thing, single-handed, find and kill his black-tail, has shown that he is no mere novice in his art; still-hunting the black-tail is a sport that only the skilful can follow with good results." Theodore Roosevelt (1858–1919). Hunting Trips of a Ranchman. 1885.

I got mine from Cabelas. THe perfekt hunter model. Been wearing them hunting and hiking and got nothing but good to say about them. Would buy them again if i had to
    I drove down to the Cabela's store in Lacey WA when they opened up and got them there. I was a little sceptical about buying online. That store is pretty awesome!

+1 for the service at AJ Brooks. Got mine there. If I had gone online I would've bought it one size too large. Those fitters know what they're talking about
    Quote Originally Posted by todbartell View Post
    You can do it buddy! you're a terrific person inside! (just not on the outside)

If your up Vernon way, Fisher's Hardware carries them. Larry knows the boots well too.

I went and tried on some Meindles at AJBrooks, I didn't buy but if I did I would definitely pay the extra and get them in person. The ones I tried on fit my feet as comfortably as a pair of undersized ski boots. They said they could stretch them into a perfect fit if I needed, which I would absolutely have needed to make the brake in period not completely suck.

AJ Brooks definitely. I blew a seam in my first pair and they had them fixed, no charge.

Quote Originally Posted by dunbartr View Post
    If your up Vernon way, Fisher's Hardware carries them. Larry knows the boots well too.
    Fisher's is about $50 cheaper too! Gunner

AJ Brooks for me as well. Just bought a pair from them and they really took the time to fit me properly. I went out last weekend, hiked all day Sat & Sun and my feet felt great the whole time.

As for the model of boot, I went with the Island Pro. They are fairly stiff and have great support, but are still comfortable for long walks on any terrain. Some of the more serious mountianeering styles are so stiff they feel like ski boots. Seems like they would be more than you need for most hunts. The Island Pro's seem like they have some insulation, but not a ton. My feet were warm all weekend though.

Middle to upper, lower fraser valley mountain

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty View Post
    Hub sports in Abbotsford gets them in.

I was going to post the same thing. Only downfall with hubs, is they may have to order your size... Either way, its a wait.
    "The man who views the world at 50 the same as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life."

I'm a vegetarian. I eat things that eat vegetables..........