Thread: Yamaha Rhino Lawsuit in USA

Yamaha Rhino Lawsuit in USA

Just a FYI. Class action suit against Yamaha for roll overs with the Rhino. Saw a commercial on TV about this last night.
    It makes me wonder...Is the Yamaha Rhino that bad compared to all the other side by sides of similar style? Or is Yamaha just the unlucky random target of an opportunistic lawfirm/client combo?

Does anyone here have regrets about buying a side by side? Any Rhino owners out there? Do you think side by sides are more dangerous than a normal quad?

http://www.jrobertdavis.com/injury/rhinorollover/

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Yamaha Rhino Lawsuit in USA

Some ding bat got hurt by sticking his arm out the side went it went over, natural reaction, but contrary to the owner's manual instructions "keep your arms, hand, and legs inside". He got hurt and some lawyer picked up on it and is now looking for others who may have got hurt to get enough to back a large claim in court. American legal system BS. One of the companies I work for uses a couple of hundred of that type of machine. Any accidents or injuries that occur are caused by horse play or not paying attention to where they are driving. Less than five injuries a year now compared to when half of them were quads there were at least 75 injuries and accidents per year. Now the purchase and use of quads are banned comapny wide.
    THE FEW THE PROUD, SEMPER FI

In 98% of the cases is a “get-rich-quick” scam. It’s utterly laughable, every idiot can take a manufacturer or retailer to court because they were to dumb to think or lack common sense, mostly both. Good thing I am not a judge because I would but people like that in jail for a long time for wasting the courts time.
    "Wouldn’t it be wise for us to be more tolerant of each other and pick our battles with the ones that really threaten our way of life?"

#1 regret for most rhino buyers... the dust. that's it.other than that they are great.

Sounds a lot like the old Suzuki Samurai roll over scare.

I actually watched a rhino flop and the passengers leg did come out and was squished between the vehicle and the ground . all she was trying to do was hang on while her idiot husband tried to powerslide one side then quickly to the other side and then it flpped like a milk carton.
    The little doors they have for them now should help especially if you are short but I think the single biggest factor is Jackassery(I like that word ) .

The Yamaha was just the first one that came along and it hadnt been idiot proofed yet.

To me it's no different that the idiot that sues the cigarette company for giving him lung cancer, or the one that sued Macdonalds for giving them a hot cup of coffee

every atv/utv make out there has been flipped to to improper use. It's too bad people get injured,but who's really at fault here, the atv/utv or the driver?
    Last edited by Ron.C; 10-21-2008 at 11:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Barracuda View Post
    I actually watched a rhino flop and the passengers leg did come out and was squished between the vehicle and the ground . all she was trying to do was hang on while her idiot husband tried to powerslide one side then quickly to the other side and then it flpped like a milk carton.
    That right there explains it. Why are manufacturers blamed for the stupidity of people I will never understand this. It's called displaced responsibility and has caused a lot of grief and financial hardship for companies.

Did you know that everyone can be sued for giving simple advice that then for whatever reason doesn’t bring the hoped for results? It’s scary. A fellow outdoor writer has been successfully sued because he gave a hunter some advice on a hunting strategy. The guy tried it out and had no luck with. That scumbag promptly field a suit against my colleague.
    "Wouldn’t it be wise for us to be more tolerant of each other and pick our battles with the ones that really threaten our way of life?"

There is nothing unsafe about Rhino's .... if anything they are alot safer than a regular quad .
    I have owned & rode lots of quads and I feel alot safer in my Rhino .

I think you would have to be a moron to tip one accidentally .... I have side hilled mine on what I would estimate to be a 45 degree slope lots of times and it is always very stable and predictable .
    I also drive it like a rally car on fsr's (when it's safe to do so) and have had it sideways at 60 to 70 km/hr and it is stable and predictable .
    They are very hard to tip

Just some idiot that doesn't belong behind the wheel of anything with a motor looking to be compensated for his stupidity