Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mr. Dean's in prep mode!

Re: Mr. Dean's in prep mode!

Bullets, gun, license, tags, knife, and Wisers whiskey. You are all set my friend

Come on Mr. Dean, at least tell us the Region and targeted species. They're all so huge, no one will find you. Besides, one of us might already be camped there.

Good Luck! [if you need luck]

Have fun Dean, be safe!
    Member of the Following Organizations:

BCWF

Good luck Mr. Dean

best of luck Mr.Dean
    awaiting your detailed report and pics of deer

twoSevenO

WOW the responses...If I 'missed' you, it's because I felt that I'm answering the same question for another poster.

Here goes!

Quote Originally Posted by Robinhood View Post
    Best of luck Mr. Dean - a new area is always exciting. How long are you goin' for?
    I got me a whole 2 weeks to play. Nothin' but fear or common sense to hold me back. Goin in alone, using my nose as a compass.

Quote Originally Posted by showtimebc View Post
    Hey Dean, what region are you headed to this time? Have a good hunt!

I'm still searchin for my big buck in region 3.

Lee
    The plan is to hit a couple. I'm on a meat gathering quest And tagged out in 3.

Quote Originally Posted by rishu_pepper View Post
    Bag a coyote for me
    That is part of the plan.... If I get into my 2 meat'ers, the rest of the trip will be used for gathering fur(s).

Quote Originally Posted by stroh72 View Post
    God hates a coward!! And that you are not!! I can relate going in blind can be daunting with the price of fuel and time constraints. When these trips don't produce you regret your decisions all the way home thinking you should have known better but then again when the produce who looks like a rock star?????
    ... I wear my sunglasses at night........ Oh yeah! Rock Star, baby!

Quote Originally Posted by Elkhound View Post
    Bullets, gun, license, tags, knife, and Wisers whiskey. You are all set my friend
    + Fireball + multiple can-o-beers + Extra Spicy Clam juice + Baily's + Vodka + + +
    Like WTF.... No cake, pie, cookies, apple crumble, cinnamon rolls,,,, from Tiff?

And you call me a friend... I bet you kiss your Mother with those same lips (argh!)

Quote Originally Posted by StringFling View Post
    Come on Mr. Dean, at least tell us the Region and targeted species. They're all so huge, no one will find you. Besides, one of us might already be camped there.

Good Luck! [if you need luck]
    The 1st attempt will happen in Reg.........................................% (that's code, you figure it out).

I'm looking for 2 Mule deers and I won't dismiss the opportunistic opportunity of laying down something else, it it gets in the way... Tagged up for all the ungulates.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    Have fun Dean, be safe!
    Well,,, thanks, Dad.
    You be good while I'm gone. Keep mother happy.
    Last edited by Mr. Dean; 10-21-2008 at 01:19 AM.

Mr. Dean,

HuntingBC. 'Minnie' Mod.
    HUGE fan of taxidermy.
    My HBC Photo Gallery: http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/showg...sername=mrdean

Tomorrow I need to fashion up a racking system for the Critter Cooler. I think I'll use plumbing pipe and make it modular - Each rack should be able to support 2 quarters. If I get a nice day, I'll also wash up the Lodge as it's lookin' a little grimy and bug splattered. A lot of this stuff shoulda been done last week but I fell under w/ a severe dose of the crud. I'm feeling better but still loaded up with,,,, well,, crud. Every morning I need a few minutes for 'cleansing' then I'm pretty much good to go.

I also got me a SPOT device. Mrs. Dean will sleep easy knowing that she can still find me. As long as she gets a check-in every evening, harmony will still be sustained. I've been playing with it for a bit, just to get her and I both acquainted with how it works. Seems like a worthwhile little gizmo. Hopefully it doesn't let us down. New stuff always keeps me a little leery and on the edge.

Here's a pic of 'The Lodge';

The ATV will be staying home.

If any of ya are able to find me - Come on in for a coffee, can-o-beer, Baily's, Fireball shot, Wisers and ginger, Wisers-n-Fireball on the rocks (lottsa ice), ceazar's, glass of wine (red or white, tooty fruity, or BOLD),,,, or just drop me off a pie and leave. I'm not overly picky.

PS. DON'T antagonize the dog!
    In his mind, this will only make you taste better.

Last edited by Mr. Dean; 10-25-2008 at 12:27 AM.

Mr. Dean,

HuntingBC. 'Minnie' Mod.
    HUGE fan of taxidermy.
    My HBC Photo Gallery: http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/showg...sername=mrdean

Mr.D in order to find new places you have to do what you are going to do.

Thats what I have found out over the years.
    Sometimes a place will not pay off and then sometimes they do.
    A person can only find good hunting spots buy working them and seeing what is in that area.

You made a good chose on what you are going to do ,good luck on your hunt and I'm sure the area will produce animals for you ,I'm sure that there will be pic and animals to follow .

That looks like a cozy camp...Have a great time!

Come on in for a coffee, can-o-beer, Baily's, Fireball shot, Wisers and ginger, Wisers-n-Fireball on the rocks (lottsa ice), ceazar's, glass of wine (red or white, tooty fruity, or BOLD)
    That's a lot of reasons to find you, the trick would be finding my way back.