Thread: Need Help on a Goose Call

Question Need Help on a Goose Call

I am looking for a affordable but good quality goose call. Right now i got my eyes on the RNT Goozilla . Mabey a FA brand? Not Sure. What would you guys recommend or use for those Honkers. Any help would be GREAT.

Thanks,

Longshot
    Last edited by longshot; 10-19-2008 at 09:14 PM.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Need Help on a Goose Call

I'd go with either the FA brand HP honker or just plain honker. They are both made by Bill Saunders and easy to run and have some of the same features as some of his acrylic calls. Bills a great guy and retunes all his calls for free, plus if you phone him he will blow the calls over the phone so you can hear them. I have used Saunders call for a while now and love them. The only other thing I can recommend is to also buy a calling dvd like, Honker Talk or Bad Grammer, they will teach you everything you need to know about blow a short reed.

i concur on the saunders call,i also stumbled on a call made by southern calls.they are reasonably priced and have the rasp needed for geese.but the best call is the one you can blow the best. i probably have 15 or 20 calls and still have my one favorite but i like to change up once and a while.if you would like to hear some of them i would be happy to help on the phone if you woud give me a number.....fowl

You could also check out www.canadianwaterfowelersproshop.com Jason would be able to answer any questions that you may have also. I also have a suanders call that I purchased from Mattchu 19 and am very happy with it.
    But like fowl language I have quite a few different other and change up every so often on my lanyard also. It depends on the geese. Sometimes it seem like they like a certain tone. That is the reason for the multiple calls. If memory serves I started out with a winglock delrin short reed.
    good luck

Quote Originally Posted by mattchu_19 View Post
    I'd go with either the FA brand HP honker or just plain honker. They are both made by Bill Saunders and easy to run and have some of the same features as some of his acrylic calls. Bills a great guy and retunes all his calls for free, plus if you phone him he will blow the calls over the phone so you can hear them. I have used Saunders call for a while now and love them. The only other thing I can recommend is to also buy a calling dvd like, Honker Talk or Bad Grammer, they will teach you everything you need to know about blow a short reed.

Thanks for the info, how much do these calls here cost roughly?

Longshot

Quote Originally Posted by longshot View Post
    Thanks for the info, how much do these calls here cost roughly?

Longshot
    Around $30-35. Sent you a PM.
    1st Im in charge, and if not Matt is. Your job is to sign checks, tell us we're doing good and open your case of scotch after a good day. 2nd my fee. You can keep it, all I want in exchange for my service is the right to hunt all the drakes. A male. Buck only. Why and how are my business. If you don't like it, go alone. Set up right here or in a swamp or in the middle of a noshoot field for all I care. I've been on too many duck hunts with rich dentists to listen to any more suicidal ideas. Ok?

Thanks For the help guys! I think i'll be getting the FA Honker, most likely from Jason at Canadian Waterfowlers Pro Shop.

Longshot