Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Would you ever use a...

Re: Would you ever use a...

btw, if your using a float tube, make sure that the waders you are wearing come up high enough that when you lean back the ocean doesn't empty into your wader legs. Trust me, thats colder then something thats super cold!

Quote Originally Posted by jethro View Post
    . I've even drifted down the Cowichan river into the estuary in my float tube. I shot birds as they flew up the river, and then turned around and let them drift downstream to me and then just tied them to the boat. It was one of the most exciting hunts I've done!

Lol that sounds likea blast!

Lorne

Yes indeed, this could be the answer to many hunting situations where you don't have the right boat - good thinking!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"It is astonishing how much room there is in the air around a duck!"

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!- Rudyard Kipling

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers to do incredibly stupid things- AH (1941)- Harry Reid (aka Smeagle) 2012

This is where I come from (click)

Wouldn't most single person pontoons be somewhat maneuverable with fins? I wouldn't want to rely on them to get across the lake, but just to swing on ducks a little I would think it would work.

Not too hijack this post but to help those who want a small boat ....... google "One Sheet Skiff". It may help those who are a little leary of tubefloats.
    I made one of these.

Ron
    Quail is the virgin
    Duck is the mature woman
    .....Iron Chef