Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: sheet metal oval stoves

Re: sheet metal oval stoves

check out deluxe wall tents they have some long lasting stoves and they are one of our sponsers. www.deluxewalltents.com
    Last edited by ruger#1; 09-12-2005 at 09:42 PM.

I ended up buying an 18'' oval stove from Surplus Herbies in Williams Lake[great store-wish I had more time to browse].It held a fire most of the night-I had to get up at 3am anyway and go outside.So-all in all,I am pretty happy with it.Funny-I had carefully cut out a piece of sheet metal to go in the roof of the tent-and left it beside the truck when we packed, so here I was out in the bush, with a hole in the tent roof,and no sheet metal .Would you believe that back of the campsite in the bush, I found the rusted out remains of another oval stove-the lid was in good shape, so with a hammer and nail was able to tap out a round hole for the chimney,and I was in business!

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/attach...ntid=206&stc=1
    Here is another home made solution to stoves in the tent!
    Last edited by tmarschall; 12-02-2005 at 09:57 PM.

thanks-and I see where they have a tarp as a fly-I did the same, but the rain runs down the tent walls-a simple solution would be to make a simple knot securing a metal ring in each guy rope about 2' out, and fasten the tarp to these rings, holding the tarp well out from the edge of the tent wall.The only trouble is ,I figure this stuff out while I;m using it-and forget to do it before the next hunting trip.