Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: sheet metal oval stoves

sheet metal oval stoves

does anybody use those airtight sheet metal oval stoves?I think they are made in Manitoba and have been around for about 100 years.I'm looking for a tent stove

2. Site Sponsor

Re: sheet metal oval stoves

That's all my cousin and I use to heat the wall tent they work great, -30 below and in your longjohns can't beat 'em, just make sure you have the proper pipe ring in your tent. The brand that he has is the ashley.

Have used one for a few years,lots of heat,just don't over load them as they will turn red real quick !!!!!!
    "Hunting" is selective harvesting of organically grown, free ranging meat, achieved by placing a good bullet in a vital spot. !!!

Bought one yesterday for mine. 20 days left and then I am gone for a month just me and my tent and stove.
    It is easier to get forgivness than it is permission.

It has been pointed out to us that the proper number to consider in the event of violent aggression is "911"- if you are of the rabbit people. Others will do better to place their faith in the number "1911".

The best price seems to be at '' Surplus Herbies''-$69 for the 18'' model.Capital Iron locally wants $96 for the same model

Surplus Herbies also advertises a square sheet metal stove for $84-I suppose the advantage is the flat top for cooking

do you guys also put sand in the botton of the stove so you do not burn it out?

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx
    do you guys also put sand in the botton of the stove so you do not burn it out?
    We just use a few shovel full of local dirt and dump it when we are finished.
    "Hunting" is selective harvesting of organically grown, free ranging meat, achieved by placing a good bullet in a vital spot. !!!

how long do those sheet metal stoves last,anyway?

My cousin has one that is 10 years old use it every year still going strong, remeber a chimney damper does help an awful lot