Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which one Grizzly 660 vs. Polaris 800x2 ?

Re: Which one Grizzly 660 vs. Polaris 800x2 ?

Remember, if the price just seems really good, it's probably too good to be true. There are a lot of scams out there, people selling busted up quads, or have ways to scam you out of your money for nothing. BEWARE.

I contacted both sellers over the internet, I was suspicious that both were doing christian missions in the U.K. but I felt better because they both were using a reputable 3rd party, MoneyBookers, which claims they will not release the money until the quad has been delivered and approved by me. The payment will be through moneygram and the quad delievered through moneybookers. I figured these quads were probably a church donation, should I be worried of a scam or with these third parties am I safe. Thanks Dan. I just read craigslist scam warning and these do seem to much like a scam and I do feel that if I can't see them I am not buying them. Thanks Everyone I was a day away from sending money. Here are the ads take a look http://bellingham.craigslist.org/rvs/868317247.html and http://bellingham.craigslist.org/rvs/864667000.html both people said the quads are not at Bellingham but are at moneybookers wharehouse.
    Last edited by Rod Linecaster; 10-09-2008 at 07:52 PM.

Central Interior of our beautiful british columbia.

For that price buy either one!! More power beefier suspension, longer wheel base. Dont worry about fuel!! Pack a jerry can!! Buy the sportsman!! Power!! Arrrrr Arrrrr Arrrrr!!!!!! Moosin

Anyone who says Polaris is junk are crazy in the head. I have been riding them for years, both atv and sleds. Because of how cheaply built Yamaha sleds have been over the years I wouldn't own one. Maybe there Quads are different, but no thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Linecaster View Post
    but I felt better because they both were using a reputable 3rd party, MoneyBookers, which claims they will not release the money until the quad has been delivered and approved by me..
    I'd walk away as fast as I could from this "deal".
    That said, I'd have bought the Yamaha without a second thought over the Polaris.

Oh, I see you're backing out of the deal...good.
    Last edited by Ubertuber; 10-09-2008 at 09:19 PM.

If`you send your money to UK for either of those Quads contact me after that as I have a bridge for sale,Hate to be sarcastic but if it seems to be too
    good to be true it usually is.I had a guy with a boat for sale try to tell me
    he would have it shipped from Italy(brought it with him)had it listed on Craigslist on Saltspring,all I had to do was send money to a Third party.
    Scammers are everywhere better to see and try one anyway.Good luck
    and hope you find one.Rick
    Last edited by deerhunter; 10-09-2008 at 09:19 PM. Reason: spelling
    Work too much Hunt to little, If I only didn't have a wife,kids ,mortgage_ _ _ _ nah I'd be dead.

The little bit of research and buying time, looking for advice, really helped me step back and see what these deals might be. They quads are still in the US, but I find it funny that they shipped them from Bellingham to Masualla (wrong spelling) to sell them. I have never had a quad, don't understand the depretation, assume low prices from the states, in other words I don't know the price of quads but I was smart enough to ask for advice from fellow BC hunters. Thanks I feel this thread may have saved me some anger and financial loss. On a good note I shot my first moose this year and hope to have a quad by next year, Thanks Dan

good to see you backed out of this deal. I found out the hard way when i was young and dumb tring to save move and got ripped off. NEVER trust anyone period. If you cant see it or get the full history for it or the seller is willing to ship it for free its a scam. I hope you find a what your looking for but i always buy new now. The amount of time you save screwing around tring to buy somethng that you have no idea what has been done to it is priceless.