Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 2 hunters with only one hunting license ?

Re: 2 hunters with only one hunting license ?

Many years ago I took an uncle of mine out on a lake, while I alone fished.I had a fly rod and a trolling rod in the boat. My uncle didn't touch or use either of them. Upon landing at the dock,a c o asked for my licence, which I produced. He then asked for my uncle's licence. He said he didn't have one, and wasn't fishing. The c o said he could see that, as he was watching, but 2 rods in the boat equals 2 licences. He didn't pinch uncle, but said he would next time. I recal a c o telling my Dad not to carry the rifle for my mother, as he had no licence, although she did. I think it would depend on the temperment of the c o and what kind of a day he had. D P

[quote=SSSSter;341126]
    If you read my post you'll see that I don't disagree with what you are saying....all I am saying is that its asking for trouble.

If you don't mind raising suspicion, spending signficant time explaining yourselves, basically inviting further investigation into your activities, and potentially harming your own reputation to the CO's....its completely within your rights.
    This is something that I don't mind. Obviously if I did, I wouldn't have posted on the www. about how, Mrs. Dean accompanies me on hunts. This is likely the 10th time I've expressed this in the past 2 or 3 years - Nothin' to hide, nothin' to be scared of is my motto. A little conversation between others is normally welcomed. Badge or no Badge.

How about another 'twist';
    It's hunting season, or maybe it's not (no matter). I am armed w/ a camera and stalking a Backie while another, non-hunter is in tow w/ a rifle. The goal is for shooting a cover photo, not the killing of the bear.

Is this person (one toting the rifle) guilty of a chargeable offense?

We obviously enjoy doing just that also:

According to several posters on this thread, these shots/pics then shouldn't have been taken because 'Buddy' was in possesion of a firearm. One pic was even outta season.

When I call the CO, what should I be turning myself in, and reporting, Buddy,,, for?

Out there enjoying the Great Outdoors (?).

Isn't it PAINFULLY obvious that 'Buddy' isn't hunting?

Mr. Dean,

HuntingBC. 'Minnie' Mod.
    HUGE fan of taxidermy.
    My HBC Photo Gallery: http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/showg...sername=mrdean

Wow, this is quite the discussion I stirred up

Lots of good points and definately a bit of a gray area ?

An update from my trip(3 weeks ago now)
    I didn't let him carry a gun (we just road hunted chickens anyways)
    We did indeed bag some grouse ... 4 of them ..... 1 of wich I let "buddy" shoot
    This may be frowned upon by some, but I am glad I let him make a kill, he was thrilled and is now going to be getting his PAL and CORE .
    He was thinking about it before, but now he is completly hooked and will be a fellow hunter in a few months

A happy ending to a 5 page thread .... lol

Quote Originally Posted by Slime green cat View Post
    Wow, this is quite the discussion I stirred up

Lots of good points and definately a bit of a gray area ?

An update from my trip(3 weeks ago now)
    I didn't let him carry a gun (we just road hunted chickens anyways)
    We did indeed bag some grouse ... 4 of them ..... 1 of wich I let "buddy" shoot
    This may be frowned upon by some, but I am glad I let him make a kill, he was thrilled and is now going to be getting his PAL and CORE .
    He was thinking about it before, but now he is completly hooked and will be a fellow hunter in a few months

A happy ending to a 5 page thread .... lol
    I don't know if it's wise to admit to illegal harvesting of game on here, you're opening yourself up to a whole lot of tongue lashing.

16. No Illegal activities to be discussed in the forums. For example, anything to do with illegal drugs, firearms alterations, illegal methods of taking game, poaching , filling others tags. ( Anything that may incriminate members or make the site look bad in the eyes of the public.)
    "Every moving animal that is alive may serve as food for you." (Genesis 9:3)

Not the smartest thing to be typin Im thinkin .
    R.I.P BiG Boar

Be it a grouse or a moose, shooting it without a license isn't cool.
    Also as the original question had been thrashed out and dealt with, I'm closing this before it gets UGLY!
    Take a kid hunting its more rewarding than shooting an animal yourself!!