Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: CFO incident..

Re: CFO incident..

Quote Originally Posted by Chameleon View Post
    Is a rifle or shotgun that has the "sleeve" attached to the stock in which you can slide rounds or shells for storage considered loaded if it is in a vehicle?
    NO! its not considered a loaded weapon! but it cannot be left with a trigger lock unattended with ammo in 'sleeve'. in a vehicle.
    sit quietly by the river,,,,,,

eventually the bodies of your enemies will come floating by,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by elkdom View Post
    NO! its not considered a loaded weapon! but it cannot be left with a trigger lock unattended with ammo in 'sleeve'. in a vehicle.
    are you sure ? Theres a bit more to it then that.

http://www.cfc-cafc.gc.ca/media/pdf/safestorage_e.pdf
    Last edited by Barracuda; 10-05-2008 at 09:43 PM.

Cool Re: CFO incident..

provincial law sez that your firearms must not be loaded in your vehicle.the filled magazine is not considered as a problem unless IT IS ATTACHED TO SAID FIREARM. by your own admition the mag was attached(hanging by the floorplate lid) to the firearm. the courts view the interpretation of the co as correct unless you can prove by photo evidence that the mag was not attached. no proof=pay the fine, carry on smarter.

Talking Re: CFO incident..

elkdom, if you leave the firearm in your unattended vehicle,it must be in the trunk with the trunk locked.the ammo can be with the firearm in the trunk, even in a stock sleeve.if you leave the firearm in your truck behind the seat, you must lock the vehicle or part of the vehicle that contains the firearm.
    neither case sez the firearm has to have a lock on it, or where you should s keep ammo for said gun.
    common sense sez put a lock on the gun before you leave it as described but not necessary.also lock ammo seperatly, but again not specified.

Talking Re: CFO incident..

Quote Originally Posted by threedhunter View Post
    elkdom, if you leave the firearm in your unattended vehicle,it must be in the trunk with the trunk locked.the ammo can be with the firearm in the trunk, even in a stock sleeve.if you leave the firearm in your truck behind the seat, you must lock the vehicle or part of the vehicle that contains the firearm.
    neither case sez the firearm has to have a lock on it, or where you should s keep ammo for said gun.
    common sense sez put a lock on the gun before you leave it as described but not necessary.also lock ammo seperatly, but again not specified.
    Unattended non restricted firearms left unattended in a motor vehicle does certainly require a trigger lock or a device rendering the firearm unable to be loaded and discharged by a unauthorized person,simply locking your vehicle or your trunk does not constitute secured for transportation purposes! a retricted firearm must be trigger locked,locked in a case seperate from ammo and locked inside a vehicle, but you do what you want! and when you loose your gun and get charged for unsafe storage and transportation, then you may choose to know the law!

Unattended non restricted firearms left unattended in a motor vehicle does certainly require a trigger lock or a device rendering the firearm unable to be loaded and discharged by a unauthorized person,simply locking your vehicle or your trunk does not constitute secured for transportation purposes! a retricted firearm must be trigger locked,locked in a case seperate from ammo and locked inside a vehicle, but you do what you want! and when you loose your gun and get charged for unsafe storage and transportation, then you may choose to know the law!
    I think you're wrong about non-restricted firearms, elkdom. The only requirement for transport is that they be unloaded. If you're talking about storage in your vehicle, then you may have a point.

How long do you have to be away from your vehicle before "transport" becomes "storage"? While you are outside having a leak? While in paying for gas? Having some dinner? Staying overnight? Just curious.

Well this thread is very interesting. It sure gets chicken shit when you can get cited just for allowing your loaded firearm to touch your vehicle while you are outside your vehicle. I understand fair chaise and all that goes with it but using your parked truck as a blind with a unloaded rifle, getting out, loading your firearm and shooting when the opportunity presents and using the door, truck bed etc as a rest should not be contravening the law. As far as having a magazine attached to the floor plate and physically out of the magazine box in the rifle and being cited for that is also going too far. Once the antis and the politicos start legeaslaten they never know when to quit and just go on and on and pile more scat on top of more scat. The law is the law however and no matter how you feel about it you must comply or suffer the painful results of your action or inaction. Be careful out there and comply with every aspect of the law because the B.C. and Federal treasury is hungry for money and after all is not the enforcement of the law a business? The collection of fines from the hard working taxpayers.

I will try it again except this time i will leave the same link i left before

Cool Re: CFO incident..

Quote Originally Posted by Barracuda View Post
    I will try it again except this time i will leave the same link i left before

I have a firearm in my pick up truck, 24/7 365 days of the year , when they are in my truck and I am absent from my truck they have a trigger lock secured to them! if some POS should break my window and steal my gun, at least the gun is not usable until the lock has been destroyed or "picked" , as I spend several months a year in the bush, persuing big game in wilderness locations, not to mention that as a heavy duty mechanic servicing diesel engines in remote areas, sometimes road conditions keep me from exiting the bush for a few days at a time, so my guns are secure at all times! And an "unattended" vehicle containing firearms means the guns need to be secured!! and "UNLOADED to the LETTER of THE LAW !
    Last edited by elkdom; 10-06-2008 at 11:02 AM. Reason: spell check

The average gun lock/trigger lock can be removed from a firearm in well under 30 seconds with no damage whatsoever to the firearm using a big screwdriver, axe, pulaski, etc....Not to mention no damage to the lock....A little bit of leverage, and poof, unlocked rifle....