Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: CFO incident..

Re: CFO incident..

You had a run in with what, in my 52 yrs hunting experience, has to be the most down to earth and fair CO I've ever met. If he gave you a ticket, you can bet the farm that it is legitimate.
    Also, as mentioned earlier by others, what was a firearm with bullets in it doing inside a truck to begin with. Bet that doesn't happen again.
    It's only when you see a mosquito land on your testicles that you realize there are other ways to deal with problems than violence.

Quote Originally Posted by KodiakHntr View Post
    Don't try and get smart about it, you asked for opinions, and you got 'em.

Loaded is loaded, and a removeable clip attached to a floorplate is considered loaded...

And as has been asked before, why was it in the truck loaded in the first place?

there are only unsafe answers to this question. CO's aren't stupid.

I like you are waiting to see the answer to this question.
    ......"I am allergic to shame, and life's too short to spoil it with indelible memories of shameful conduct."

Quote Originally Posted by huntwriter View Post
    The way you describe the situation the gun was loaded in the eye of the law. (Probably even if you would glue the magazine to the side of the gun. Lol.) I know it's silly, but politicians are not known for common sense and logic. That leaves you, and all of us, to deal with the BS.

Kind of confused??? Please tell me where the BS is in this case. The gun was loaded, as per the definition of a loaded gun. I see no problem in the ticket being issued and the way it is described, the gun was loaded while in the vehicle. That is just plain stupid in my opinion.

As for the CO. Get a hold of the office, which will be hard as Mr. Campbell has let all the very knowledgable clerks go, and see what is up and if it is legit. If no go there and you cannot read the name on the ticket, contact the MOE office in Victoria and go from there. But to me it all seems on the up and up. Back in my other life I would always be undercover to check out that other hunter and fishers were doing, but I would ID myself before I went any further than general conversation.

Cheers

SS

Quote Originally Posted by 358mag View Post
    "In spite of what some members of this site choose to BELIEVE, None of our opinions are any more important than Dog Shit"!

I know the CO's are just doing there job but waiting for you to place your gun again the truck to fine you is a real jerkoff thing to do. I treat them with respect just like i do with cops but from personal experance ive found CO's have a chip on there shoulders that they cant seem to brush off. Nothing worse than being treated like a crimanal when your 100% legit. In your case........you made a mistake and now you must pay.

guest Guest

Gun is considered loaded, your TOAST !
    Pay the fine, nothing to dispute here, lesson learned.
    C/T

Thumbs down Re: CFO incident..

Loaded guns in vehicles! NO MERCY should be applied! With any luck, YOU will disute the fine and the judge will probably increase the amount, because you wasted the Courts' and the CO's valuable time! and the best NEWS is! that hunting priviledges are suspended until such FINES are PAID IN FULL!!, then the violation becomes part of a "permanent" record with the Ministry of Enviroment! there is no "statute of limitations" under the Wildlife Act of B.C.
    sit quietly by the river,,,,,,

eventually the bodies of your enemies will come floating by,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by elkdom View Post
    and the best NEWS is! that hunting priviledges are suspended until such FINES are PAID IN FULL!!,
    Interesting.... I would have not known that or at least thought of that. If you get a speeding ticket you do not loose your driving priviledges until the fine is paid. Usually only when you fail to pay for it. If that is really the case and he continued to hunt after recieving the ticket and without hunting priviledges then he could have been charged again under the law and also have his rifle and truck siezed for hunting with out a valid hunting licence.
    THE FEW THE PROUD, SEMPER FI

Talking Re: CFO incident..

If a dispute is registered with the "court" then until such time as a judgement is set down by the courts, the license is still valid, but unpaid fines under the wildlife act do render the licence in question null until fines are paid! and it is cheaper to pay the fine unless you are absolutly positive you can beat the charges and have it set aside by the courts! absolved! or dismissed , not guilty, whatever you want to call it! Very often under the Wildlife Act offences, the judge will be asked to increase the amount of the fine ,similar to when one is offered a plea bargain! they choose to say not guilty,the court see's it as guilty! now your screwed! It is called learning the Hard Way! as it seems what this thread is about from the fact that the ticket was issued to start with. Anyone with a PAL or a BC CORE certificate knows the law!
    sit quietly by the river,,,,,,

eventually the bodies of your enemies will come floating by,,,,

Is a rifle or shotgun that has the "sleeve" attached to the stock in which you can slide rounds or shells for storage considered loaded if it is in a vehicle?

Quote Originally Posted by Sitkaspruce View Post
    Kind of confused??? Please tell me where the BS is in this case. The gun was loaded, as per the definition of a loaded gun. I see no problem in the ticket being issued and the way it is described, the gun was loaded while in the vehicle. That is just plain stupid in my opinion.
    By definition of the law the gun was loaded because the magazine was still attached. That is the theoretical aspect of it. The practical side of it is that you have to put a cartridge in the chamber to make the rifle “dangerous” and ready to shoot. Having only the loaded magazine attached without a round in the chamber is safe and to my mind should constitute an unloaded firearm.

That is how we transported, and sometimes even stored, our firearms in Europe and America. There is not a single case known to me were a gun accidentally or willfully was discharged simply because the magazine had been attached to the firearm. To put it simple you only can shoot a gun if you chamber a cartridge. But as has been said the law must be obeyed regardless if it makes sense or not. It’s the law.
    "Wouldn’t it be wise for us to be more tolerant of each other and pick our battles with the ones that really threaten our way of life?"