Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: CFO incident..

CO incident..

Hey guys, we just came back from a weekened of hunting in Princeton BC. During our trip we had a little encounter with a conservation officer. We were in the forest and decided to pull over to the side of the dirt road and have some lunch. We had all four doors of our pickup truck wide open and even the back hatch was down. I had a hot dog in my hand and so did my hunting partner.
    After about 20 mins we heard an ATV approching our vehicle. We turn to look and there is a fellow with Full Camo and a dirt bike helmet riding towards us. We wave at him and he pulls over along side us, takes off his helmet, gets off his ATV and starts approching my partner. My hunting partner was standing right in front of the passanger side door. The guy walks up to the door, and says "Oh, im a CFO, just checking to see if your guns loaded", he then gave us a ticket. The mag was hanging off the floorplate which was swung open. He had no name tag, and no way of telling he was a Conservation officer. Is what he did right? Or should I fight it and not have to pay the fine.
    Last edited by Bow Walker; 11-01-2008 at 08:10 PM. Reason: Couldn't stand the "CFO" any longer...
    Born to hunt, Forced to work.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: CFO incident..

What you described classifies as a loaded firearm.

Question...What's a C"F"O?? They officially change their title?? Chief Financial Officer??

SSS
    https://oceola.ca/
    http://bcwf.net/index.php
    http://www.wildsheepsociety.net/

I Give my Heart to my Family....
    My Mind to my Work.......
    But My Soul Belongs to the Mountains.....

Rifle was in the truck? Mag attached to rifle? Meets the definition of loaded....Regardless of whether he was identified or not prior to him riding up to you as I read what you wrote you had a loaded rifle in the vehicle...

Better question is if he drove down the road in the blue truck would you have taken the mag out of the gun because you knew it was loaded before he pulled up?

My opinion (which you asked for may I remind you), you guys screwed up, and he is justified in giving you a fine. And you should suck it up and pay it.

Sorry but that gun was concidered loaded.

So he wasn't in any uniform of any kind just civilian hunting clothes? That is pretty strange not sure what there mandate is in regards to being off duty but you did have a loaded firearm in the vehicle and that's a fine for sure. If you not sure just call the CO's office and talk to them...

You see that every now and again...Same as seeing a CO driving his own personal truck to catch road hunters with shells in their guns....

I believe its called "Undercover"............

I think that you're bagged with the ticket. Were it me, I would have asked to see some kind of badge ID just like I ask an RCMP officer whenever I get pulled over, whether in uniform or not.
    Was the firearm inside the vehicle or leaning against it with the butt on the ground?
    If it had the butt on the ground, you may have a chance of beating it based on the whether it could be defined as inside or outside. If you're going to dispute it, you better read up on the wildlife act and maybe the crimminal code to see if there is anything that supports your agrument.
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

Sounds like you met the definition of 'loaded firearm' with the rifle in the truck.

Wolfman
    "didn't want the cabin lookin' like it was built by a boyscout with a dull hatchet."

- Dick Proenneke

if the firearm was loaded and it was in the truck you were in the wrong. I have to ask why it was loaded and in the truck in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by KodiakHntr View Post
    Rifle was in the truck? Mag attached to rifle?
    So i guess if i would've glued a loaded magazine to the side of my rifle stock, it would still be considered loaded? Cause it's attached to the rifle?
    Born to hunt, Forced to work.