Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What day pack do you use?

Re: What day pack do you use?

Badlands diablo grewat pack!

I use the Eberlestock J104 as well. It compresses nicely and can expand to serve as a pack suitable for a few days out there and carry the meat out when fully expanded. Last year I packed my deboned mullie in one shot trip, and had spotter, emergency gera, etc in the pack as well.

This year I'm going to pack my short 12 gauge in the scabbard and carry my rifle so te grouse better be worried!

Troutseeker

4th season with the badlands 2200

The 'Hummer' Guest

Well, for Varmint/Predator sessions I use a 'Little Big Horn' from Outdoors. For bow hunting, a 'NonTypical' designed by Crooked Horn Outfitters for Outdoor Gear. Last but not least, for those moments of nostalgia and similar to what I used as a Boy Scout when I lived in the interior, a 'F.Jeune Bros. pack sack' that can be used on its own or that attaches to a 'Trapper Nelson Pack Board', which I still have. I think I'm older than dirt!!

I bought a badlands 200 this year and am NOT happy with it. All the tabs on the zippers broke off, one of them fell apert in my fingers when I was taking it out of the box!! POS super cheap mild steel. Also one of the zippers on the harness pocket immediately got so stuck on the material that I can't open it at all and the other side is just about as useless. When I get the time maybe later this week I plan to return it for replacement. It is comfortable and has good adjustment... haven't had the opportunity to carry a quarter on it yet but I think it should do the job.
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

I used the badlands 2200 for 3 years. Great pack...packed heavy loads of meat out on it. I sold it as I found that it was too heavy for a day pack.
    I now have a Badlands Hypervent. It is lighter than the 2200 and no meat shelf. I packed approx 50-60 pounds of elk out on it (brought back the horses for round 2!) Busted a buckle trying to overtighten a strap. It has a aluminum frame that may pinch on your kidneys if you have a wide arse.

My hunting buddies have chosen the Badlands Superday and are happy with it (one busted zipper closer). Too many pockets though! tough to remember which pocket stuff is in!!

All badlands are fairly water proof. Mine even managed to keep quite a pool of blood in them.

I tried out Eberlestock...nice packs but way to heavy for day use IMHO.

Duribility=extra weight I guess.

boom

My daypack is a one-compartment deal that I have for so many years I can’t remember what brand it is. I use it rarely because I like to travel light. If I can’t fit my gear into a waist pack and the pant cargo pockets then I have too much stuff. Having said that I might add that I am not much into hiking long distances or all day long. I mostly hunt from treestands and ground stands and seldom walk more than a three to four km's.
    "Wouldn’t it be wise for us to be more tolerant of each other and pick our battles with the ones that really threaten our way of life?"

For a day pack I like the badlands 2200, it has lots of compartments and is comfortable.
    "Using your legs to go up a road is called walking, not hiking and if you have a gun over your shoulder or a bow in hand it's called road hunting."
    -Goat Guy. Dec 3/09.

I just picked up a Badlands Super Day and I just recently got to use and Badlands are by far the most comfortable packs made in my opinion and the opinion of many others. They are made for hunters by hunters. They are the most durable packs ever they also have a wide variety of packs to choose from. They want you to beat the crap out of the packs and if they break they usually replace it no questions ask. I suggest you pick one up
    Brad Doerksen

BC Dirt Don't Hurt

I have a badlands 2800 and I really like it. But this year I have just been using my 107 all zippered up and carrying my 30-30 in the scabard for bowhunting.

The better half started hunting this year so she will use the badlands pack.
    "Our comfort zones can be our greatest enemy to our potential"