Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Youth vrs archery seasons

Re: Youth vrs archery seasons

Quote Originally Posted by 6616 View Post
    Case in point was a CO who once stated that white tailed deer should have antler point restrictions .
    A tiny hijack - but it still irks me as to why the Peace (7-B) has antler restrictions on white tailed deer
    "The mountains are calling and I must go."

-- John Muir

Goatguy speaks to a few CO's and that is an official position. A number of CO's speak to bowhunting organizations and you fo-fo there conversations. My Dad is bigger than yours. Grow up boys.

Quote Originally Posted by BCrams View Post
    A tiny hijack - but it still irks me as to why the Peace (7-B) has antler restrictions on white tailed deer
    Me too, I can see no reason for it...?????

Quote Originally Posted by Onesock View Post
    Goatguy speaks to a few CO's and that is an official position. A number of CO's speak to bowhunting organizations and you fo-fo there conversations. My Dad is bigger than yours. Grow up boys.
    Goat guy didn't say that the CO's were FOR or AGAINST anything- That claim was made by YOU..Just another red herring you throw in there....
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Quote Originally Posted by Onesock View Post
    The Ministry passes legislation/regulations and makes policy that the CO Service is tasked with enforcing. The CO Service does not make official policy of their own, only the Ministry can make policy. The COs are merely civil servants that enforce MOE policy, I cannot see them having any official positions on anything that would be in opposition to Ministry policy/regulations/legislation. The CO Service has input into regulation and policy discussions, but once a regulation or policy is accepted or passed, that's it, they then enforce it, period.

Fisher Dude, I too would like to thank Ernie Marven and I doubt he gives a rats ass what people on this site think of him. We have a 4pt mulie GOS to Nov 10th which was the 15th. This was stopped because of the vulnerability of the rutting deer by rifle hunters. Harris has stated there is no biological concern to the deer with a bowonly season, so rest that great theory of yours. I never posed the original question (post) nor had any intention of doing so. All I am doing is what you learned in your Core, Observe, Record and Report. If I tell you people are choked, were choked, some guides are choked, mothers were upset, it's the truth. Now you can figure out who they are and call them all kid haters if you like but I'm gonna push on. This is an internet site, pay more attention (if possible) to the content of a post and less on who the guy might be, cause in the end it don't really matter. It could be a janitor and not a hot chick you been talking to late at night. Come on guys laugh a bit will ya!

To much in the way of personal attacks here for me. Enough! The past is the past. Move on.

I think it's very important to continue to find creative solutions for youth involvement. Finding ways to stimulate kids off the couch and away from the xbox. It's also important to find ways to support all hunters, regardless of their method of hunting. If there is a recruitment agenda, or a retention agenda, then let's work to support that.

If this provides an opportunity to provide consistency in regulation by harmonizing the regs from region to region, then that's a positive too.

The UBBC and TBBC and likely BCAA (IMO) and most bowhunters, like most hunters, support youth involvement and providing opportunities for youth and new hunters to enjoy success.

Crossbows are legal archery tackle in BC and are to be respected as such.
    The Quad is a legal mode of transportation in the backcountry and should be respected as such.

Hunters should not be chastised for their choice of hunting method, there should be respect for all. If we want to spin in the muck there will be no forward motion and the very best people will become disenchanted and give up.

Andy, as for your initial post, I would be very encouraged to look this over with you and work together towards a proposal for regional advisory groups to review.

Well done JT!!!!

I have stayed out this for some time

Well said JT ..
    BCRams ... Doode i agree with you ... especially after my last trip to the Peace

I still cant wrap my head around the stupid season dates in most zones in BC as well ... I mean i understand but fail to see the need for ..
    ie: elk close on the 31st in 7-20a deer open the 1st ...in my opinion leave the dates open ... GOS for critters Oct thru November really .. we all have one tag and when we cut it we are done ... If BC would get out of the stone ages when it comes to the tagging system then Anterless allocations(in Alberta they are called supplimental anterless tags) can easily be made ...ie: 1000 WT doe tags for 7-20a for example ... 1000 WT youth tags for region 8 etc.... not on a draw system Draws remain the same but what i am getting at is does are open in 7-20a on a general tag I still have an uncut WT tag and so do 3000 other guys i am sure ... MOE wants to trim the herd by say 1000 Does, all 3000 of us go up and even if half of us connect thats 1500 deer ..500 more than the MOE wanted ... so then next year they will close the doe season ...

computerize the tag system ... IBM does a great job at it by the way .... have set allocations each year then a guy in Vancouver can get a doe tag for say Prince Rupert area ...a harvest limit is set with x amount of tags ... the seasons are sustained consistantly instead of open one year closed the next and therefore more opportunties will exist and continue to exist youth and otherwise

as far as Youth vs. Bow season ... Thats just a silly concept in my opinion ... I am all for longer bow seasons dont get me wrong ... I really dont see a need for a stand alone youth season but the ability for youth to take Does or Bucks is ok by me ... and honestly when My daughter wants to go hunting with me ..she will come regardless of if there is a "youth season" or not ...youth tags yes .. Stand alone youth season ... I see no need.

my thoughts on the thread so far ...
    A true Archery Nut

Willing to help and answer archery related questions to the best of my ability ...all you gotta do is ask

Quote Originally Posted by J_T View Post
    Andy, as for your initial post, I would be very encouraged to look this over with you and work together towards a proposal for regional advisory groups to review.
    There are two things to consider Jim.

First, I'm not sure if the mule deer population in the EK can sustain the same length of youth antlerless season as they have in 7a, or if the hunters and F&W people down here would take a chance on the sustainability of such a long season. That needs to be felt out first before any proposal is made, and didn't Garth already tell us he doesn't want to consider deer proposals until the Southern Mule Deer Management Plan is completed? I'd like to hear what the EK members on board think of this idea for mule deer.

Second, regarding WTD I'd much sooner work towards a province wide "any deer" management regime which in turn and if ever implemented would almost negate the need for special seasons for WTD. That concept is another suggestion that we could discuss on this forum if anyone is interested.