View Poll Results: What brand of quad do you have and what size, click 2 answers, or the closest size.

Voters
140. You may not vote on this poll
  • Honda

36 25.71%
  • Suzuki

15 10.71%
  • Bombardia

15 10.71%
  • Yamaha

57 40.71%
  • Kawasaki

5 3.57%
  • Polaris

17 12.14%
  • 400cc or smaller

30 21.43%
  • 400cc-550cc

59 42.14%
  • 550cc-675cc

18 12.86%
  • 675cc or over

21 15.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Quads, what brand and what size.

Re: Quads, what brand and what size.

I've got 2 Yamaha 07 - 700s and they're excellent machines, everyone talks about the big bores being "heavy" but check the stats, the weight difference is negligible. Why wouldn't you want more power!? My vote is for the big bore Yamahas, they have done me well!
    "Every moving animal that is alive may serve as food for you." (Genesis 9:3)

Quote Originally Posted by Spuddge View Post
    I've got 2 Yamaha 07 - 700s and they're excellent machines, everyone talks about the big bores being "heavy" but check the stats, the weight difference is negligible. Why wouldn't you want more power!? My vote is for the big bore Yamahas, they have done me well!
    very good piont. Here's a comparison between the 450 and 700. 10lbs difference is peanuts.

This is a cool sight to compare quads side by side.

http://www.powersportsnetwork.com/en...e2=87176&go=Go

I've got a '97 suzi 300 king quad, it aint fast but with high, low and super low with differencial lock and a winch it'll go anywhere it needs to go. The independant rear axles are a nice touch too.

I own a 2000 honda 450 and a 2005 polaris 500 (unfortunately). If I am going out alone I ride the honda because I know I will return on it. The polaris has nice suspension but I am about to rebuild the transmission for the 3d time. Get a Honda!!

I would say any Quad with the word MAGNUM would be the best choice for you

Quote Originally Posted by Barracuda View Post
    I would say any Quad with the word MAGNUM would be the best choice for you
    Actually my favorite show on TV growing up was Magnum PI. Now if that man, and that mustache made a quad or even sat on one I would buy it. BTW Barracuda, I hope you took some advice and finally welcomed yourself to the man club. If not, best go get a Magnum.

SHAKER is offline Hound dawger reborn......

Tough and reliable 95 yamy big bear with over 14000 k's on it of use and abuse! My not be the fastest one out there but I'll make it eventualy.
    This is my war horse leading the pack bringing out a bull elk from a couple weeks ago! Took a couple more machines to get the second elk out.

I have a 2003 Polaris 600 Sportsman with a warn winch and like it-my first choice would have probably been a Yamaha -but for $2500 and only 1600 k I wasn't about to turn my nose up at it.Of course-I'm not likely to put it to a real test-I'm just into crawling up logging roads,and it does that job superbly.I did see an older Honda 300 4 trax in New Zealand that hauled 2 guys ,dogs and gear almost straight up a mountain without pausing-and I must say I was impressed
    Last edited by ratherbefishin; 10-04-2008 at 01:53 PM.

Actually No Trailhunter,

The reason Can Am/ Bombardier put a 3 year warranty on their quads is because they actually build quality performance. Unlike yamaha's "I need Power steering " on my 6 month warranty quad to Keep the sales up. Which is just a lot more added crap to have fall apart on the trail.

Grizzlies are garbage imo. I test dorve one of the 700s and was very unimpreesed with it. Felt more like a 500 to me.

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=1eDK49i2hPc

check out that link if you have any doubts...