View Poll Results: What kind of vehicle do you use to hunt the deer family with? (moose, deer)

Voters
111. You may not vote on this poll
  • Quad

28 25.23%
  • Dirt bike

3 2.70%
  • Side by Side

3 2.70%
  • Small jeep ie. Samurai

20 18.02%
  • Truck

46 41.44%
  • Foot only once I'm in camp

36 32.43%
  • Horse

4 3.60%
  • Other

10 9.01%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: What kind of vehicle do you use to hunt the deer family with?

Re: What kind of vehicle do you use to hunt the deer family with?

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricDyck View Post
    I'd go for the suzuki over a quad. It'd be cheaper, warmer, bigger and go most places a quad will. Downside is insurance and needing a bigger trailor (if you're not driving it there).

I would also weld the suzuki diffs up, put a 3" body lift in it with 31" tires (all cost next to nothing) and it would definitely keep up with a quad.

edit: cheap quad winches work well on the little suzukis too!
    no it will not keep up with a quad but it is very capeable.

Why would you weld them when a lock right is only a couple of hundred dollars for the suki if it is a DD?

You could also flat tow a suzuki if you wanted to with no issues (Transfercase in N as described in the manual) especially if it had an open rear diff (or manual locking) or you made a full floater axle with locking hubs for the rear. on ours there is a towbar hookup so it can be towed behind a motorhome etc .

we just keep a comealong and rope in the tracker when we go out and that is good for most things

I use a quad for getting around my hunting area and then hit the dirt with my feet. I have found that many of the best hunting grounds can not be accessed by anything bigger than an ATV. I also prefer the visability you get on the quad apposed to being in a truck or jeep. An ATV is also cheap on fuel.
    "Everything comes to him who hustles while he waits"
    Thomas A. Edison

"Sometimes ya gotta let your dog find you"

Middle to upper, lower fraser valley mountain

The only thing i have at the moment is a 1989 Chevrolet Astro mini van. You wouldnt beleive where this thing can go
    "The man who views the world at 50 the same as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life."

I'm a vegetarian. I eat things that eat vegetables..........

Why would you weld them when a lock right is only a couple of hundred dollars for the suki if it is a DD?
    I wouldn't weld a daily driver I was talking about a dedicated hunting truck.

kingquad and boots.

who needs a quad when you own a jeep...it fits down most quad trails its got a heater and for the most part your protected from the elements and i welded up a nifty cargo rack thats 5x stronger then those store bought ones for like 1/4 of the cost and i can stack numerous animals on it

CJ-Jim Guest

I use a Jeep CJ-5 and walking , my CJ is the older narrow track version , has a buick V6 225ci [Can 4X4 and drive home at 21 MPG ] , dana T18 4speed trans ,Lifted 2 in., 31in tires Because this is DMV registered I don,t have to be concerned about all the reg.s that apply to ATV,s , and I have yet to find a trail I can,t go down or up ,
    LETS call it a ATV with a heater