Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: my animal mounts

Thanks bone-collector

Thanks I'll keep that in the back of my head. Is this person in BC of Alta?
    also is the $100 inclusive of the head and feet or is that extra. Just curious. steeleco
    Take a kid hunting its more rewarding than shooting an animal yourself!!

bone-collector Guest

mounts

the taxidermist is in smithers BC , adams igloo/full moon taxidermy, and its everthing, bears are measured from tip of nose to tail

Holy crap that is cheap buddy of mine took his moose head into Gander taxidermy in Surrey and he said a 6' bear finished includes some fleshing tanning feet and head would be approx 1600.00

W

bone-collector Guest
    yer buddy got hosed bigtime, for a 6 foot bear even a dirty bear I wouldnt pay more than 700 +taxes, head mounts of moose and elk are expensive though..upwards of 1600-2000 depending , deer are usualy 400-500

Bear rugs

Hi guys. I'm new here. My buddy made me join. He's got a picture of my buck in with his pictures. Bill's pictures I believe it's under. Anyways as of about 6 weeks ago a rug will you between 150 to 175 a foot. The fellow that I use now does fantastic work and is quit reasonable. He charges 150 a foot for bears. His deer mounts run $375.00. Hope this helps. I'm still trying to figure out how to post pics.

welcome sticksnstones!!! No one here will hold it against your buddy
    The prices l am seeing seem to vary a bit and the numbers l got for doing up an elk and grizz are different too. My elk mount cost 375.00 from a fellow in Alberta ( shot it there), and my grizz was done by one of our local boys who is quit re-nowned for his work, and l think that was 140.00/ft. l remember black bear were less per/ft maybe something in the way they have to do them. Both these prices are from a couple of years ago so they may have gone up since.
    “To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.”- Voltaire

bone-collector Guest
    back to 416 , thats about right, the cost varients between black and grizz are usually the forms they have to buy, a grizz form being much larger and costly so they get you there, deer shoulder mounts run about 400 out here and its rufly 120 a foot now for black bears unless its a huge boar and they need a grizz form then you pay more