Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: grouse breasts

Re: grouse breasts

Quote Originally Posted by coaster
    My favorite is, split the breasts, add flour and spices in a bag, shake well and brown in a frying pan. When they are browned add 1/4 cup Chardonney white wine, some wild mushrooms ( shaggy manes ) let simmer until tender, and serve over rice (wild rice is best ).
    I love shaggy mane mushrooms. My opa taught me to cook them in butter and seasoning salt....mmmmm good. As for grouse, I've done them baked in mushroom soup, and basted in egg and breton cracker crumbs, and then cook them in the oven with cut of pieces of butter on the pan between the pieces of grouse. It's originally a chicken recipe but it's good for wild chickens too.

My favorite way of dressing up these little gems is to dice them into cubes, fry in a hot pan with olive oil and cover in cajun spice. Serve warm over a nice caeser salad!! Tasty little dinner in the bush!!

I know it`s a little late but how about this one?

Grouse Taco Salad

This recipe can be used as a salad or as a main dish.
    Ingredients1 cup of cheese , shredded4 cups of corn chips2 green onions , chopped6 grouse breasts, thinly sliced2 medium tomatoes, chopped1 pouch, taco seasoning1 cup of salsa sauce4 cups of shredded lettuce1 tablespoon of vegetable oil

InstructionsBrown meat in veg oil and set aside.
    Cut up lettuce, green onion and tomatoes.
    Follow istructions on seasoning pkg and add grouse strips.
    Arrange salad on plates, place cornchips on top.
    Pour on salsa.
    Sprinkle with cheese.
    ENJOY

Ron
    Quail is the virgin
    Duck is the mature woman
    .....Iron Chef

Oh ya sure, bring this up when they are out of season and the freezer is void of the tasty ittle dickens.

I got several you can have Rob. How good is your stomach? Fred
    Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Thumbs up Re: grouse breasts

An old German Recipie that my wife tried last fall was...

A Grouse breast left on the breastbone a week in the fridge wrapped up in a zip lock bag. Then half a Macintosh apple under the breastbone, and wrap the whole thing in Bacon, and then slow broil as one would do with chicken.

Then served up with a generous topping of wild berry compote (hot sauteed fruit) out of Red currents, Cranberries, and Blackberries from our garden. Very tasty!
    Cheers!
    C.
    ----

Quote Originally Posted by coaster
    My favorite is, split the breasts, add flour and spices in a bag, shake well and brown in a frying pan. When they are browned add 1/4 cup Chardonney white wine, some wild mushrooms ( shaggy manes ) let simmer until tender, and serve over rice (wild rice is best ).
    You sir, are a man that knows how to cook. I'll try try that recipe some time when I'm camping if I can rip the wine bottle out of my hunting buddies hand.
    "If you see a fork in the road, take it" Yogi Berra

fillet the breasts off the bone, saute them in a pan swimming in mushroom sauce, then dump it on a bed of rice. (save the veggies for the rabbits)

Another way is too fillet the breasts and cordon blue them, "tip" take a peice of black forest ham and cover the breasts completely while baking, them to prevent them from drying out!

alright dude
    I tried it, get some olive oil, and a seasoning you can get in any local store, by clubhouse, called roasted garlic and peppers. Put in enough oil to cover everything fully, put in the seasoning, probably 3 to 4 tablespoons for 2 grouse, let sit for about an hour, stirring to coat, it tastes amazing, and it is good hot or cold
    Harmony with land is like harmony with a friend; you cannot cherish his right hand and chop off his left. ~Aldo Leopold

Debone breasts, cut into cubes. marinate overnight in watered down Teriaki sauce.

Roll in mixture of eggs, milk, bread crumbs, parsly flakes, garlic powder and Mrs Dash.

Pan fry in butter. real butter not margarine

Better than KFC' popcorn chicken

Pull your head out of your Ass
    long enough to see how stupid you look!!!!!