Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Hunting Boots-What brand?

Re: Hunting Boots-What brand?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by oddsix
    haha that sucks.

Hey guys im been trying to find the irish setters at Marks but so far havent seen nothing. Does anyone know a certain store in the lower mainland that will ahve them?

I got mine at the Maple Ridge one...try calling them
    Got mine in Abbotsford.

I am tough on boots and here is my take on the 4 different brands I have bought in the past 3 years,
    -Kenetrek Montana hunting boot - Best I have had to date but real pricey and hard to find in Canada, I hope that a distributor in Canada picks them up soon as they are geared for our climate better than most.
    -Cabela's own brand 800 gram Insul. - Was a good boot for 1 season, really good actually, broke in nice and no leaks for 1 full year, cheap but the waterproofing broke down after a season.
    -Irish Setter Camo hunting boot - Hard to break in and I found them noisy to walk in, I bought my size but couldn't get an extra pair of socks into them, seemed a lil' narrower than most. I didn't use them for very long as I tried to dry them a little too close to the woodstove one night and melted the sole - my fault -
    -Rocky 800 gram thinsulate - I picked these up as a "spare" set of boots for a moose hunt this year, Cheap but well worth the dough! I have hiked non stop since Sept 1 and actualy used this pair almost exclusively this year. Have yet to go through a full season with them but for - what I thought would be garbage, I was pleasantly surprized - I am a gear nut and never expected to endorse any Rocky product, so far so good though, will hold off recomending them until the end of the season.
    I have also used the Canadian standard Sorels when I don't have to hike and love them for treestanding but as we all know they fill with sweat.

Just picked up a pair of Meindl Island Pro wides today from AJ Brooks. Fit and feel great right off the bat. Can't wait to see how they work after they have been broken it. Had enough cheap boots.

I have a pair of Elk Trackers in Kangaroo leather. Nothing but good things to say about these boots. Warm, dry and comfortable. Never had to break them in, just wore them from the getgo and all is well.

A proper fit is a must with any boot.
    Conceal nothing. And watch the fools search forever...

Meindls, Scarpa's or Hangwags.

Had a couple pairs of Irish Setters and Danners, not satisfied with either brand. Wore the irish setter elk trackers a couple weeks ago sheep hunting because it was -15. Would rather have my toes freeze off then wear them again.
    Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.

Mandela