Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunting Boots-What brand?

Hunting Boots-What brand?

Hi All

The old man is lookin to get me a pair of good boots. I know rocky mountain boots are pretty decent but are they fully waterproof and good for snow?
    I need somthing warm and 100% waterproof. What do you use or what would you buy?

thanks

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Hunting Boots-What brand?

Schnees Hunter.I love the removable liner.
    kenny
    I love it when the seasons change.
    Fishing to Hunting.

It depends on what kind of hunting you do. If you're in the swamp, then those Schness would do. If you're into the mountain and hill, then you better look at something that gives good ankle support and a good foot bed so you're not slipping inside the boot and cramming your toes into the toe of the boot. In the latter case, something with a gortex liner and thinsulate would be good and if you are really into spending, then Miendl, Sportiva, or Something along that line. The better the boot, the better the payback because they will last you longer providing that you look after them. Did I mention Danners. Skip Made in PRC, no quality there.
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

I have a pair of Rocky's and mine are shit. They leak like sieve. My socks are more waterproof. I have tried several types of waterproofing that have worked well for me in the past (nikwax, snowseal), but nothing can seal up these pieces of crap. They are comfortable though - before they fill with water that is.

I am saving up for a pair of Meindl's.
    Last edited by JeffR; 09-29-2008 at 07:44 PM.

yeah i will be using them mostly in the mountain/on the hill.
    thanks guys

I have these boots, totally waterproof and insulated!! No blisters what so ever!!

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...928&hasJS=true

Meindls are by far the best, but there are a lot of other great brands out there too. My advice is go to a good outdoor store (MEC, etc) and buy a good mountaineering boot. Plus they really know how to fit your foot and give you what you are looking for. Absolute NO to rockys, Danners, and many other "Hunting" boots.

TJ

Meindl. I had Rocky's, Wolverines, Danners, and they all sucked. I have Meindls now and I am deliriously happy with them. No blisters, waterproof, and they feel like pillows.

Now I just have to get a second job to pay em off!

+1 for Meindls. I have a pair, and though I'm not terribly experienced with hiking, I can say they have never failed me. No leaks, keeps me warm, no blisters, good ankle support. The price is $$$ but you gotta pay for quality. My friend hikes a lot and he didn't know how he ever got along without them.

AJ Brooks is the store that carries them (W.Broadway, across from tree-hugging MEC ). The salesmen there know their stuff and will help you out, good bunch of guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by todbartell View Post
    You can do it buddy! you're a terrific person inside! (just not on the outside)

Check my older thread re: Boots for sheep hunting.

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showth...light=footwear