Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gatho River Boat Bash

Re: Gatho River Boat Bash

You can't go much farther than I was on this trip (just below the outfitter). It's about 45-50 minutes to get to the Outfitter from the Muskwa, depending on your boat and driving style. This is not a run for beginners, or the faint of heart. A 40 - 45 min run upstream can take as little as 20 minutes to run back down.

I have been using a Samsung Headcam SC-X300L, but it just failed on me. I'm going to try a differant one next. It should be here in a few days.

RD
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My outdoor vids on Youtube :
    http://www.youtube.com/user/RockDoctor07

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Doctor View Post
    You can't go much farther than I was on this trip (just below the outfitter). It's about 45-50 minutes to get to the Outfitter from the Muskwa, depending on your boat and driving style. This is not a run for beginners, or the faint of heart. A 40 - 45 min run upstream can take as little as 20 minutes to run back down.

I have been using a Samsung Headcam SC-X300L, but it just failed on me. I'm going to try a differant one next. It should be here in a few days.

RD
    That is a wild ride Rock Doctor!! Had to turn down a trip up there this year due to work!! Looks like one heck of a ride though!!

RD
    Thanks RD. Am very interested in hearing how the new one works out for you too.

Cheers,
    4ster

KK,

Did that fella figure how he was going to get his disabled jet-boat out of the gathto before the winter? Did you run into much traffic? NEat video that's for sure. RAMSHOT>

Maybe a dumb question, but are there fish there too? What a rock-poppin boat ride that must have been!

Quote Originally Posted by Ramshot View Post
    KK,

Did that fella figure how he was going to get his disabled jet-boat out of the gathto before the winter? Did you run into much traffic? NEat video that's for sure. RAMSHOT>
    I have not heard for sure, but IMHO he is NOT driving it out this yr. It will be there till next spring unless he gets a BIG chopper to fly it out for him. Right now there are only a few places on that river deep enough to even float that boat. If he had been able to get a motor right away, he would have had a chance, but I think it's too late now.

I saw NO traffic up there on either of my trips, not suprising though, not many guys are willing to try it.

If I hear any more about that boat, I will give you an update.

RD

Quote Originally Posted by 308Lover View Post
    Maybe a dumb question, but are there fish there too? What a rock-poppin boat ride that must have been!

lol, looks like we were typing at the same time.

Yes there are fish there, Bull Trout, Grayling, White Fish, ect.

The rides up were fine, nudged a rock here and there, but the trips down were a little more "interesting". The guy with me said he was so "tense" on the way down that you probably could't have driven a toothpick up his #&* with a sledgehammer.

RD

Clip from a recient trip up the Gatho River. The water was a little low, so the "Rock Gardens" were a little harder to get through than normal. This clip might give you a little feel for the reason I got my "username" .
    We had good weather, and scoped out alot of animals. Must have been a little too much into headhunter mode, as we never did pull the trigger on anything, but we were in some awesome country for Elk and Sheep.
    We must have seen 40 differant Goats as well on this trip.

Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HCjxWHp_fc

RD
    . I have never ran up the gatho looks like you had a great trip how far up the gatho do you need to run to get to any decent mountains

Can you run that river with a 20 foot muskwa or nahanni thanks for the video

Nice ! What boat/engine/pump are you running ?
    BLACKRIFLESMATTER