Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My biggest grouse

Re: My biggest grouse

We did a batch of fresh chorizo sausages yesterday after we finished cutting up the deer, all went well, all that's left is to try it. I know what I'm having for lunch!

nice grouse, mmmm they are delish!

x2 on the grouse curry......mmmmmmmmmmm
    doesnt matter what kind of bullet it is, as long as it weighs 180 grains its DEADLY, even on ass shots....Todbartell-2009

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricDyck View Post
    Thanks for the comments. My friends make fun of me because of my excitement at shooting grouse, what can I say I take it a little more seriously then them and thoroughly enjoy it.

I use a mossberg 835 12 guage with a modified choke with can tire 7 1/2 target loads. At 15' I can shoot the head right off and at about 50' if I aim high I usually get a pellet in the head and 1 or 2 in the breast.

Here's a pic of some of our cleaned breasts, the grouse in the picture I posted is the top left one.

Let them make fun of you. It’s their loss if they have not discovered the fun of grouse hunting. I often head out just for a day of bush whacking grouse. There is no better way to scout a new territory for deer sign than when grouse hunting. I have grown up hunting upland birds and love it.

By the way I use the same shotgun brand and model for my upland bird hunting shooting 2 ¾ inch # 7 ½ Heavy Field Load Federal Game Shock shells through a full choke.
    "Wouldn’t it be wise for us to be more tolerant of each other and pick our battles with the ones that really threaten our way of life?"

I got a dog just for hunting birds. For those who have never hunted with a dog you don't know what you are missing. I get excited when birds flush and I get to shoot.
    doesnt matter what kind of bullet it is, as long as it weighs 180 grains its DEADLY, even on ass shots....Todbartell-2009

Are all those blues? I took 1 ruffed and three spruce on Sunday. Missed 2 blues with the 22.
    The Spruce's (my first spruce) breasts were much darker than any ruffed I've seen. Much like the middle one on the second row....

Totally new to hunting. picked up a .22lr and a single shot 20ga fpr grouse hunting. I heard it is a bad year. Anyone have any advise on areas to hit for a newbie looking to take the teenage son out for grouse?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bubba View Post
    Totally new to hunting. picked up a .22lr and a single shot 20ga fpr grouse hunting. I heard it is a bad year. Anyone have any advise on areas to hit for a newbie looking to take the teenage son out for grouse?

Thanks
    My observations tell me that the Thompson is riddled w/ em. Look in the higher elevations.

Mr. Dean,

HuntingBC. 'Minnie' Mod.
    HUGE fan of taxidermy.
    My HBC Photo Gallery: http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/showg...sername=mrdean