Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wall Tent Size

Re: Wall Tent Size

The guys at deluxe are a-one. I ordered a frame and it was here in a week just like they said it would be. I would not hesitate to use or recommend them.
    It is easier to get forgivness than it is permission.

It has been pointed out to us that the proper number to consider in the event of violent aggression is "911"- if you are of the rabbit people. Others will do better to place their faith in the number "1911".

We have two from Deluxe, 10x12 with no porch thats great for two guys and gear, this one gets used up in the high country. The tent is staked down with bulk bungee cord to help with the high winds and make it easier on the tent. A tarp is then tied tight to the tent with no over hang for the wind to grab, the porch in a high wind could have you chasing your hotel across the plateu
    The 12x14 with porch is great for three with gear and we also take one of those first up 10x10 canopys from canadian tire that is tarped and used as a cook-eating shack leaving lots of space in the big tent for 3-4 people.
    The frame set is the only way to go fast, tight, stong and lots of places to tie ropes for drying gear.

My vote is for the 14x16.
    I have had one for years and it is great.
    For two guys it is a little villa in the wilderness.
    4 folk and it is do-able.
    I have an internal frame. ( very nice to have, I am truckin it so I don't care about the weight )
    A stove that will burn all night and life is good.
    Another vote for putting up a fly that extends out for a porch.
    Keep boots etc out and keep camp clean. ( my wife is a virgo )
    Tight Lines

I echo 14'x16'.
    3 people is ideal, 4 is fine.
    Originally Posted by averagejoe
    thats pretty cool. i bet you get close to those cats some time when there low in the tree hey. when do they have kittens?? do you ever see baby cougars in the tree or do they hide in her pouch?

Originally Posted by wideopenthrottle
    ....I guess some peeps think a mother griz is like a crack whore ready to drop her baby at the first church door she sees...funny

I bought the 12x14 from Deluxe wall tents. I haven't had a chance to even set it up yet but I'm hoping it will be sufficient.
    Originally posted by Yappy Yoodle Dog 02/04/08

Another question : Is it possible for me to re-take my CORE and get another hunter number so I can buy two hunting licenses and double my chances of killing something?

Thanks for all the replies. Just curious if those with a 12 x 14 went with a three truss frame or a four truss frame?

Why go 14' x 16' when you can go 14' x 20'? It's only 10 pounds heavier. Mine sleeps 4 guys like a cabin & will do 5 but a little tight. Love it, some of the best money I've spent on gear.

Ive had a 12 x 14 for many years and a few freinds have had the 14 x 16 .

My next two tents will be 14 x 16 and will be setup to be joined together for the larger group hunts with a outside covered area between ! One tent just for sleeping , one tent for cooking and visiting ! I already have a deisel stove that im looking forward to trying out this year for the sleeping tent , and leave the wood stove for the cooking /visiting tent !

Bruce

Quote Originally Posted by Jaws3d View Post
    Thanks for all the replies. Just curious if those with a 12 x 14 went with a three truss frame or a four truss frame?
    go 4 truss for sure...better load carrying capacity. ie for when it snows
    Originally posted by Yappy Yoodle Dog 02/04/08

Another question : Is it possible for me to re-take my CORE and get another hunter number so I can buy two hunting licenses and double my chances of killing something?

I have the 14X16X3.5' walls. 4 truss frame. If I were to get a new one it would be larger and definately the 5' walls with a porch. We have 5 sleeping in it, its a bit crowded but still does the job.