Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LEH Goat in MU 3-33 Zone A

Re: LEH Goat in MU 3-33 Zone A

Have the same LEH this year. You hunt goat, you hike and scramble - period! Already more or less obvious looking at Google Earth where goats would likely be. Hunted goat in adjacent zone last year, saw lots & lots but not a billy I would consider shooting. Concentrated on one area last season that I now know like the palm of my hand. 3-33A is new to me but early season alpine is also promising for a 4pt buck. It will be a tough hunt but I wouldn't want it any other way. I don't even have an ATV, I will probably go in on MTB with trailer...

What zone? I have F. Looking for some intel

Quote Originally Posted by hickman View Post
    Have the same LEH this year. You hunt goat, you hike and scramble - period! Already more or less obvious looking at Google Earth where goats would likely be. Hunted goat in adjacent zone last year, saw lots & lots but not a billy I would consider shooting. Concentrated on one area last season that I now know like the palm of my hand. 3-33A is new to me but early season alpine is also promising for a 4pt buck. It will be a tough hunt but I wouldn't want it any other way. I don't even have an ATV, I will probably go in on MTB with trailer...

3-33A. Never hunted F.

Quote Originally Posted by the hopper View Post
    you have to hike in that zone. Lots of goats. And there's at least one gigantic billy left after last season I couldn't get him, I got his cousin.
    I think we hiked 25000' vertical in 4 days over 30kms.
    Just look on google earth pick a mountain and go up. Glass from a ridge and be prepared to drop 4-7000' and go back up again once you spot your billy. Easy!😀 Maybe you'll get lucky and spot one on your own ridge, that was my hope but it wasn't meant to be. Lots of g bear sign and limited water up high on the ridges the south side of our glassing ridge was dry and the north was cliffs straight down 1000' to crevasses on glaciers.
    Beautiful though. Make sure your partner is up for it my poor buddy he's never hunting for goats again haha. And make sure you don't forget your sleeping bag, I suspect that might be the real reason my partner doesn't want to hunt goats anymore. But it was cold and I needed something to spoon.
    100% agree! Very tough terrain, tough hike in only. Beautiful area. BTW, that gigantic billy is not there anymore

I just pulled a nice billy out of zone F yesterday afternoon. there are definitely goats around,definitely a hike in a ways situation but that makes the goat hunting better your all alone. Saw no bucks. Grizz tracks all over the valley I was in but the had moved on the day before it seemed.

Id say hunt around a high up lake there was lots of sign around all the high altitude lakes. Just wait for a goat to show up

Same, did not see a single deer though looks like perfect terrain. No grizz sighting either just old tracks. A few moose tracks.

I know this is an old thread but I enjoyed hunting in that area back in 84 I think it was.
    got a goat, stayed in a holding companies wood shack and hiked up to I think a place called royal peak, or something like it, last time I was there you could drive an ATV right up and then just hike up and over a short distance, not sure if it is still that easy.
    thinking of putting in this year and see.
    "Life is too short."