Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trail Cameras

Trail Cameras

I was wondering what is everyone out there using for trail cameras. I have been building my own now for a couple years. I know what my pictures look like lets have a look at yours. Here are a couple from out in the woods from the north. So us your best pictures.

I got this 2 weeks ago.

And here is the movie... Make sure your speakers are on for this the cow and calf do a bit of chatting. (3.5 min long not for dial up people)

Got these ones last year.

The darn snow weighed the branches down on this picture.

I have hundreds of pictures to many to list but his is a good sample of what I have got from my home made units.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Trail Cameras

Great pictures and video. Have to add a trail cam to the xmas wish list

great pics and video, that cow sure was interested in the scent around the camera. I've got to get me one of those!
    "Every moving animal that is alive may serve as food for you." (Genesis 9:3)

how do you setup your camera? what type do you use? i work with underwater cameras often so i have access to some good ones, what is your recording device or are you broadcasting a signal?

Quote Originally Posted by spreerider View Post
    how do you setup your camera? what type do you use? i work with underwater cameras often so i have access to some good ones, what is your recording device or are you broadcasting a signal?
    The whole unit taking the still pic`s are 7.25 X 5 X 2 inches. I use sony 4.1 Mega pixel cameras so you know the photo quality is great (as you can see). The movie is a whole diffrent thing... But I am almost done building my first movie camera. This camera is an infrared camera with microphone of course. The movies just like the pictures are stored on a memory stick. You can get just over 1000 pictures on a camera with a 2 gig memory stick. I have built a few for friends over the past year and they all really like them. No complaints yet....

how did you waterproof the camera?
    if anyone is interested in our underwater cameras they can pm me for the company website and phone number.
    are you using a motion sensor to trigger the photo or is it a option on your camera model?

Quote Originally Posted by spreerider View Post
    how did you waterproof the camera?
    if anyone is interested in our underwater cameras they can pm me for the company website and phone number.
    are you using a motion sensor to trigger the photo or is it a option on your camera model?
    Your partly right I have an external sensor connected to the sony camera . I rewire the camera to turn on and take the picture via the sensor. And yes they are water proof because of the case they are in. You can see from the snow they can handle the weather. I have run my camera set ups as low as 20 deg C.
    Last edited by mlowe; 09-08-2008 at 04:14 PM. Reason: to add more

I should add I have even gotten pictures of humming birds with my setup.

Those are some really great pics mlowe...looks like I might have to upgrade to a custom trail cam. It looks like you use the same spot to mount your camera year round. I'm using a stealth cam right now but the pictures are no where a clear as what yours are.
    Originally posted by Yappy Yoodle Dog 02/04/08

Another question : Is it possible for me to re-take my CORE and get another hunter number so I can buy two hunting licenses and double my chances of killing something?

What are using? I get a picture taken in about 1 sec after sensing the animal?