Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Jet Boil Stove

Re: Jet Boil Stove

I bought a Jetboil 4 years ago off eBay... It uses ANY of the fuel canisters on the market without issues (isopropanol/butane) I've taken it on several trips with me and never had a breakdown of any sort... It's very reliable. I've watched guys mess about with their other stoves, priming, setup etc... and my water is already heating up while they still mess around.

It boils water faster then any other stove I've seen with less hassle and setup... It's light, compact and I bought mine for about $100 (shipping included) Really cold creek water takes about 4-5 minutes to come to complete boil if it's room temperature then it will do it in the advertised 2 minutes.

Seriously, if you're just boiling water for freeze dries, coffee, soups, oatmeal etc... Then JetBoil is the way to go!

Carl
    Last edited by bigwhiteys; 09-15-2008 at 08:26 AM.

Should be here any day. Can't wait to try it out. Everyone who has one swears by it.

Should be here any day. Can't wait to try it out. Everyone who has one swears by it.
    You will be very happy with your stove... The smaller fuel canisters are nice because they fit right inside. They will last 4-5 days cooking 2 freeze dry meals a day for 2 guys. The larger ones will last double that. For cool weather try and keep the fuel inside the tent. This year it got down 0/-1 or so and it was harder to start for coffee in the morning... (took like 20 clicks of the piezo as opposed to 1 or 2)

Carl

Quote Originally Posted by bigwhiteys View Post
    You will be very happy with your stove... The smaller fuel canisters are nice because they fit right inside. They will last 4-5 days cooking 2 freeze dry meals a day for 2 guys. The larger ones will last double that. For cool weather try and keep the fuel inside the tent. This year it got down 0/-1 or so and it was harder to start for coffee in the morning... (took like 20 clicks of the piezo as opposed to 1 or 2)

Carl
    Buddy if mine was on a guided dall hunt this year. He had 3 guides and they had a jet boil. The 3 of them all packed one small cannister. They did not finish the second cannister after 8-9 days. They cooked 2 2-man freeze dried and oatmeal for breakfast. Also had one or 2 nights of coffee or tea.

That is what sold it for me. First of all pure backpack sheep guides were using it and second the fuel consumption was unreal.

I was looking at buying a Jet Boil Stove as well but was unable to find one in time, but was lucky to stop at the Trappers Den in Fort Nelson and found the New MSR Reactor stove. This is pretty much the same stove as the Jet boil but uses radiant heat instead of a open flame and fits tight to the pot so there is 100% heat transfer. I used it on my hunt and loved it.

http://www.msrgear.com/stoves/reactor.asp

The stove came in over the weekend. The final price to the door was $78.84 US. So converted was like $87 total.

Can not complain about that price.