Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: two bands so far

Re: two bands so far

Quote Originally Posted by Dano View Post
    Did you get a ribbon too Marc? Those bands are more my style, I would proudly wear those on a dog training whistle.
    Dan
    Hey Dano,

I also received two ribbons that will be hung hopefully high enough that the dog can't reach them
    Member of the Following Organizations:

BCWF

Well done Marshall!

One more to go for Junior if I remember right.

How was 2 days of tests on that Knee of yours?

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by Ian F. View Post
    Well done Marshall!

One more to go for Junior if I remember right.

How was 2 days of tests on that Knee of yours?

Ian
    He only needs one more pass to get his Junior Qualification so we have high hopes he'll get it done in Abbotsford. I had him out retrieving tonight and he's his own worst enemy. He just plows through everything this time he slamed into something and flipped over himself. If I can keep him in one piece for two weeks we should be good to go. Can't wait to try him on real birds this fall.

Surprisingly the knee isn't doing to bad for less then a week. The crutches have been put away since about Thursday night. I used them a couple of times Saturday at the trial but it was more dangerous with them then without with the black berry vines and tall grass. Didn't bother bringing them along on Sunday and not feeling to bad today. I don't plan on doing any marathons in the near future but for less then a week from surgery I'm quite pleased with how things are going.
    Member of the Following Organizations:

BCWF

Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    You should report it, it's free. There is a toll free number on the bands and you just call it up and give them the number on the band. You get to keep the band and they send you off a report card that tells you what breed, sex, and roughly the age of the bird, and where it was banded. I've only ever shot 5 with bands, 3 in the same day. It helps if you're in an area where banding takes place or a popular flyway.
    Thanks for the reply. That is kinda cool. I guess not too many get banded around here.
    CARNIVOROUS MAXIMUS