Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: two bands so far

Talking two bands so far

Well my season is going well so far. Picked up a pair of bands over the weekend. I'm pretty proud of these ones. Should make for a great start of a season.

Marc.
    Member of the Following Organizations:

BCWF

2. Site Sponsor

Re: two bands so far

Cool picture congrats to you and marshall.

How's this for a band? How much do you think it'll go on ebay for

1st Im in charge, and if not Matt is. Your job is to sign checks, tell us we're doing good and open your case of scotch after a good day. 2nd my fee. You can keep it, all I want in exchange for my service is the right to hunt all the drakes. A male. Buck only. Why and how are my business. If you don't like it, go alone. Set up right here or in a swamp or in the middle of a noshoot field for all I care. I've been on too many duck hunts with rich dentists to listen to any more suicidal ideas. Ok?

sweet looking band, can you imagine the looks you'd get if you had that one your call lanyard.

BCWF

I should start hitting up all the old-folks homes and stealing them, I could make a new lanyard out of fishing line or something There most be some pro-staffers from the states who are in need of bands to make them look more professional.
    Last edited by Crazy_Farmer; 09-01-2008 at 01:16 PM.
    1st Im in charge, and if not Matt is. Your job is to sign checks, tell us we're doing good and open your case of scotch after a good day. 2nd my fee. You can keep it, all I want in exchange for my service is the right to hunt all the drakes. A male. Buck only. Why and how are my business. If you don't like it, go alone. Set up right here or in a swamp or in the middle of a noshoot field for all I care. I've been on too many duck hunts with rich dentists to listen to any more suicidal ideas. Ok?

Stupid noobie question. are these off geese or ducks?
    "I would never sell you guys life insurance."

No such thing as a stupid question. Actually the bands in the first picture are for a CKC Hunt test for Dogs. There are similar in size to what you'd find on a large duck.

Here is a picture of a large drake black duck I shot back east with a band on it.

BCWF

I've hunted waterfoul since I was twelve. I have never even see one of those in real life. Maybe the area I hunt?!?
    Do you have to report them or is it voluntary and to who?
    Last edited by 6 K; 09-01-2008 at 02:20 PM.
    CARNIVOROUS MAXIMUS

Quote Originally Posted by 6 K View Post
    I've hunted waterfoul since I was twelve. I have never even see one of those in real life. Maybe the area I hunt?!?
    Do you have to report them or is it voluntary and to who?
    You should report it, it's free. There is a toll free number on the bands and you just call it up and give them the number on the band. You get to keep the band and they send you off a report card that tells you what breed, sex, and roughly the age of the bird, and where it was banded. I've only ever shot 5 with bands, 3 in the same day. It helps if you're in an area where banding takes place or a popular flyway.

BCWF

I just love the humor and bsin guys - keep it up! That game bird pic takes the cake too....

Did you get a ribbon too Marc? Those bands are more my style, I would proudly wear those on a dog training whistle.
    Dan
    Buddi doing what she does best!