Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Homemade Wall Tent Stoves

Homemade Wall Tent Stoves

Lets see your homemade wall tent stoves, I'm debating whether to build my own or to buy one.

Lets see your stoves.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Homemade Wall Tent Stoves

Not mine but I find it interesting.

http://www.backwoodshome.com/articles2/matthews78.html
    It is easier to get forgivness than it is permission.

It has been pointed out to us that the proper number to consider in the event of violent aggression is "911"- if you are of the rabbit people. Others will do better to place their faith in the number "1911".

I built my own !

Ille try to get some pics !

Well worth doing a custum unit if you have any welding abilities !

Bruce

16X18X25 welded 1/8 plate.Door is large enough to fit all pipe inside and legs.Top holds large pots,or lasagna.Burns 10+ hours when full.
    Only draw back is weight,one guy can pack it but reaaly should use two.

I try to fide more pics.RB

I has packed two strokes stove . To much freekin wieght . For 100 bucks on sale get the packer stove from cabelas
    calvin L

Ruttin - that's an awesome lookin' stove! My dad could weld one up if he was still around, but I'm useless... Do you hunt early season muleys or just hammer them in the pre-rut? Can't wait to see your buck this year...

Cal - How goes it man? Is that this years HAWG of a swamp donkey in your avatar? With your bow? I'm headin' down to see 2stroke this afternoon to buy some elk juice...

Brambles - here's a alternative setup from Kifaru that I borrowed from a buddy, when I was debating. It's a Paratipi with collapsable stove: http://www.kifaru.net/TIPI.HTM

They are cool, but expensive and for car camping I'd get a full wall tent. They even have a backpacking version...

Steep-plan on hunting the bucks late Oct through Nov as usual.Definately have a early season alpine hunt in the works,hopefully next year.
    The stove works better than expected,with the damper low on the stove front and the 6" pipe dampered after the burn box I can really control the burn.The air comes through the fire bed to burn so I can get all the heat out of every stick.Not much left after the fire.
    The stove is 16X16X25 not as stated before.RB

Steep that moose is from a couple years back . Nice to see you are alive . My north trip is messed up as my first kid is due oct 16 . . Say hi to 2 stroke as hes feel a sleep (drunk ) on the phone wed night .

calvin L

I didn't make this one it was made by a friend of a friend.

It is easier to get forgivness than it is permission.

It has been pointed out to us that the proper number to consider in the event of violent aggression is "911"- if you are of the rabbit people. Others will do better to place their faith in the number "1911".

very nice Ape!RB