Thread: Sitka Nimbus Jacket

Sitka Nimbus Jacket

Anyone had any experience with the new sitka stuff? Expensive as all hell but it sure looks nice. Don't wanna be the guinea pig who spends a few hundred on a jacket that's no good...

Any experiences would be of help.

Thanks,
    TJ

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Sitka Nimbus Jacket

TB should pipe up when he sees this as I think he has a lot of their gear. They are very similar in style and quality to Arcteryx which is incredible stuff. I don't think you can go wrong with any of their clothing line.
    A spiritual being trying to have a human experience

haven't seen the Nimbus stuff...but would be confident in its quality judging by the rest of the Sitka lineup I have seen. That being said, for $450 I would want to look at it before buying
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

I have the full line of Sitka, it is worth the dough. The packable raingear is the best I have ever seen, breathable, light, waterproof with 4 way stretch, love it! Bulletproof almost!

Sitka Mountain gear is phenomenal. However, after looking at the Sitka rain gear and the material it is made of..... it is very similar to marmot precip jackets and other brands for the inside lining while the exterior material is different. After past experience with similar material for the inside lining .... I would be a little leary on the seems inside beginning to delaminate under extensive hiking use....in particular the crotch area of the pants.

I have sitka gear ... but my rain wear for the mountains is a step up from the Sitka rain jacket ..... Arcteryx Theta AR which in my opinion tougher and more durable in the long term for the price you're paying.
    Last edited by BCrams; 08-29-2008 at 08:17 AM.
    "The mountains are calling and I must go."

-- John Muir

Quote Originally Posted by BCrams View Post
    Sitka Mountain gear is phenomenal. However, after looking at the Sitka rain gear and the material it is made of..... it is very similar to marmot precip jackets and other brands for the inside lining while the exterior material is different. After past experience with similar material for the inside lining .... I would be a little leary on the seems inside beginning to delaminate under extensive hiking use....in particular the crotch area of the pants.

I have sitka gear ... but my rain wear for the mountains is a step up from the Sitka rain jacket ..... Arcteryx Theta AR which in my opinion tougher and more durable in the long term for the price you're paying.
    Sitka brought in the Arteryx design team and 1 upped the Arteryx line, seams zipper, stitching is lifetime warranteed with Korth as the warrantty center, same as Leupold. I understand your points, just clarifying a few mis-conceptions. Nothing to be leary about, it is the real deal!

Yup, Sitka has been tried and tested with many miles of hiking in crappy weather (by me). It's an investment thats worth every penny.

Quote Originally Posted by open-sights View Post
    Sitka brought in the Arteryx design team and 1 upped the Arteryx line, seams zipper, stitching is lifetime warranteed with Korth as the warrantty center, same as Leupold. I understand your points, just clarifying a few mis-conceptions. Nothing to be leary about, it is the real deal!
    Sounds good!!
    "The mountains are calling and I must go."

-- John Muir

Was the the designer alone the same as Arteryx or was the manufacturer the same too?
    The Rocky Mountains is the Marrow of the World
    "Ain't this somethin'? I told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. "Make your life go here, son. Here's where the people is. Them mountains is for Indians and wild men." "Mother Gue", I says "the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world," and by God, I was right. Keep your nose in the wind and your eye along the skyline."

The design team out of Vancouver is Motus, they worked and still do for Sitka. Some older technologies that worked in the world of climbing and adventure sports mixed in with new technologies for the hunter in mind.