Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ultralight backpacking gear? (& Pics)

Re: Ultralight backpacking gear? (& Pics)

BC - got any pics of your pack??? Barney's website is down. Does Brent have one too?

Bigbore - Cool! I've seen those before! Look pretty easy.

Brambles - keep at it, you'll find 'im. There are some nice NT's out your way... Keep me posted.

Quote Originally Posted by steepNdeep View Post
    BC - got any pics of your pack??? Barney's website is down. Does Brent have one too?
    Brent doesn't have one.....he has a Wilderness Wanderer. He was giving my pack the 'eye' as if he was scheming how he could take it home with him.

Deaddog saw my Barney pack and then ordered the Wilderness Wanderer packs.

The WW proceeded to crash and burn on his hunt ........

Then he ordered the Barney pack and I believe he really likes it !!

Quite a few other guys on HBC have bought them after seeing or asking about my pack and ditto goes for guys who are not on this forum.

It is a solid, no frills external frame pack. Great for sheep hunting, great for packing out elk quarters in the bag etc ......
    "The mountains are calling and I must go."

-- John Muir

Quote Originally Posted by Gatehouse View Post
    What do you do to make th Miox device work? How fast is it?
    I always refer to it as 'zapping' the water.

Basically you charge up about a bottle cap full of water (mixed with salt to create a saline solution -- salt is in the upper half of the black cap) and then press a button for how many litres you want to treat (up to 8 liters at a time) and an electric charge charges the water to create a toxic solution which kills everything in the water.

Let sit for a few mins, check with litmus (optional and I've done it enough to know how long it takes) ... and drink ... it does leave a little taste to the water but just add some crystals and you're good to go.

Drawback - any floaties and you're drinking it ... but I have just used a rag to strain it after treatment if its that bad.
    "The mountains are calling and I must go."

-- John Muir

I have a old internal pack, a j107 eberlestock, camp trails Elk Pack and the Barneys Hunter. The Barneys is by far the Best pack I have used or seen. Super comfortable with a heavy load and no problems with it at all. Id recommend it to anyone, you can actually keep everything somewhat organized with it and wont look like a travelling gypsie with gear tied on all over the outside, its big enough to fit everything inside for a 12 day sheep hunt.