Thread: GPS software ??

GPS software ??

Hello
    I have been comparing the Garmin 60 csx and 76csx. Only difference is 76 floats and is slightly bigger. 76 is on sale and about $50 cheaper than the 60 so might get that one. Does anyone have advice or bad results with the topo Canada CD ? I am looking at it for $115 vs the 2 different card SD cards that are $84 bucks a piece for south and north BC. I am assuming the CD of canada has everything the other 2 have but it's just cheaper to purchase it as apposed to the 2 cards. I will need to by a SD card in addidtion with the CD. Am I correct in my thinking ?
    Is there any other better mapping software that is compadible with the Garmin units.

Thanks

gameslayer

2. Site Sponsor

Re: GPS software ??

I got the 60csx, a refurb'd one from GPScentral. The mapping has been great albeit I've only had it 5 months. But the one thing I did learn, if you make a boo boo and delete a file on your card your hooped. Get the CD set and you'll be fine!
    Take a kid hunting its more rewarding than shooting an animal yourself!!

get the cd set. it works great
    "I would never sell you guys life insurance."

Definitely get the CDs. Micro SD cards are dirt cheap these days and you can make up your own map sets and do more with the maps on the computer.

The back roads on Topo Canada are not very accurate, but geographical features (lakes, streams, contour lines) are pretty good.

Get the CD's they give you everything in Canada.

I would like it if we could get www.fishwizard.com to bring that info to our GPS. It has some great stuff on that site.

Great thanks for your replies guy's. Looks like it will be the CD set for me, though I will have little to no use for the rest of Canada other than BC. It is still cheaper than buing the 2 seperate ones.

Quote Originally Posted by gameslayer View Post
    Great thanks for your replies guy's. Looks like it will be the CD set for me, though I will have little to no use for the rest of Canada other than BC. It is still cheaper than buing the 2 seperate ones.
    Seems dumb, but I did the same thing because of the price.
    Take a kid hunting its more rewarding than shooting an animal yourself!!