Thread: Advice/Opinions on wall tent versus Military tent

Advice/Opinions on wall tent versus Military tent

Hello all...

I want to purchase a tent for hunting. My options are (a) a 14 x16 wall tent (probably from Deluxe) or a 10 man US Army arctic tent. Both will have stove rings and both are about the same wgt. and floor space. The army tent requires 1 pole versus the multiple poles for the wall tent. The wall tent with poles is about $1700 and the army tent is $650. Both are new or near new conditions.

What would your collective advice be?

Best regards

Mike
    ________
    magic flight launch box
    Last edited by msawyer; 02-08-2011 at 03:53 PM.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Advice/Opinions on wall tent versus Military tent

might take more work to setup the wall tent, but I have a feeling you'd appreciate the better control and use of space then the arctic tent.

deluxe wall tents are made from very good materials.is the us tent canvas or vinyl? if it is canvas make sure it is treated for fire resistance .i don,t think they allow importation of non treated tents into canada. i,d personally go for deluxe.

The arctic tents are kinda neat, but depending on how many people you have to help set up, they can either be a real bugger, or real easy.

Like the other posters have said though, I think the regular wall tents make better use of space, and you get better head-room in them as well. The arctic tents you have to crouch down in most all of the time.

I have a deluxe tent with internal frame. Me and the partner can wheel into camp and be gone in one hour, cots out,beds made, kitchen set-up, woodstove setup and lit. It takes about 15mins to set up the tent and you can do it by yourself once you refine your system. The're a nice tent, built by good guys ,you would not regret it. I sure dont.

Depends on your length of stay. The arctic mil tents are usually round and after a couple of days are uncomfortable as you are always tripping over something. Wall tents or army modualar tentage are rectangular and you can use the space more effectively.
    Nemo me impune lacessit