Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Vortex Diamondback vs Nikon Monarch?

Re: Vortex Diamondback vs Nikon Monarch?

If you can afford the upgrade, go with the Vortex Fury. I have the Diamondback from a few years ago. Since I purchased them, according to Vancouver Telescope, they've traded down the line a bit. While the Diamondbacks are still great, my vintage compares more closely with the Fury. They are fantastic optics, great in low light and in a comparison I don't see a lot of difference between them and Leica, except in very low light conditions where the Leica's really capture light exceptionally.

Quote Originally Posted by Shooter View Post
    Brotherjack.. Just wondering how that doubler worked out for you? I have been trying to figure out if its worth picking up or not and would love to hear your reviews on it.
    Don't buy it! I sent mine back after 1 trip out. It was well made and all that, but it had an inherent problem that, had I thought about it, should have been obvious before I bought it -- It would increase the magnification, but it would not increase the resolving power (actually, adding more lenses and magnification like that would logically reduce resolving power). So, that mule deer at 800 yards that I couldn't quite make out the 4th point on in the 8x42's -- I slap on the doubler and prop the rig up on my shooting sticks, and I now have a 16x view of those same antlers, without enough resolving power to see the details any better than I did at 16x, so I still couldn't tell if he had a 4th point or not.

So, I went back to packing the extra couple lbs in the form of a spotting scope + tripod. Much much better rig when I need to see something clear enough to decide if I want to hike clear over there to shoot it.
    "...the truth will make you free." John 8:32

Quote Originally Posted by Tikatack View Post
    If you can afford the upgrade, go with the Vortex Fury. I have the Diamondback from a few years ago. Since I purchased them, according to Vancouver Telescope, they've traded down the line a bit. While the Diamondbacks are still great, my vintage compares more closely with the Fury. They are fantastic optics, great in low light and in a comparison I don't see a lot of difference between them and Leica, except in very low light conditions where the Leica's really capture light exceptionally.
    The Fury is on sale right now at
    http://www.escience.ca/telescopes/RE...033/13473.html

Pretty tempting at this price $360
    CT90's rule

disregard previous post - I just phoned they are out of stock on the Furys,.
    CT90's rule

I own a pair of Furys 10x42's and I have to say they are the best binos I ever owned (I own ziess) Clear,balance well,lightweight,1 finger adjustment. Best bang for your buck!.. I purchaced them through Grouse River...
    " You know you're in Goat country when it takes both arms
    and legs to climb and you can spit down on sheep". Patrick Stephens

Quote Originally Posted by Gatehouse View Post
    Extra points to whomever can post the best pic of Christys boobs!
    "When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the Universe." - John Muir

This thread is old, but i just wanted to say that after owning my Vortex Diamondbacks for a full year, i am quite impressed.

They are very good optics and allow me to see a good half hour after i can no longer see individual trees with my naked eye when sitting and waiting the last light to run out. (I wish i had a pair of Leicas or Swaros to compare to in the field and see how they stack up).

They have a very nice strap on them as well and the hard case is excellent for when they are being stored in the back of the Jeep, with no worry whether they are protected enough.

The only downside i have are the bottom lens covers. They are friction-held onto the objective and even so, i have managed to lose one in the bush ... who knows where it is now.

I first took notice of them in this thread, then had my first chance to see them in person at the Abbotsford fishing/hunting show last year.

Not sure what their scopes are like, but i'm very satisfied with these binoculars so far. Focusing on the large knob is so easy and fast! I find the slightest movement of your index finger is enough to adjust from 300 yards to 30.

My Vortex diamondback's are in 10x42

Cheers!
    Last edited by twoSevenO; 10-15-2010 at 09:56 PM.

Vortex all the way.

I just bought the Vortex Diamondback 10x42 Binoculars and a Vortex Rangefinder 1000, from Italian Sporting Goods in Vancouver,BC. The shop is amazing, they will beat anyone's prices, are knowledgeable and good to talk to. I now own a Vortex Diamondback scope 3.5-10x50 BDC reticle, the diamondback bino's and the Vortex rangefinder. I am a Vortex believer!