Thread: Scope for 10/22

Scope for 10/22

I just ordered a Ruger 10/22 Target model in Stainless trim. What scope would you recommend. Main use at the range for plinkin while the big guns cool down, maybe some ditch chickens.
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

2. Site Sponsor

Middle to upper, lower fraser valley mountain

Re: Scope for 10/22

I have a cheap tasco 2-10 x 40. Works well for me...
    "The man who views the world at 50 the same as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life."

I'm a vegetarian. I eat things that eat vegetables..........

Middle to upper, lower fraser valley mountain

Oh ya and get a bolt buffer. It will keep the clacking down to a thud.....
    "The man who views the world at 50 the same as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life."

I'm a vegetarian. I eat things that eat vegetables..........

I put a Bushnell Rimfire scope on mine, at the recommendation of both Reliable and Italian. Can't remember what it cost, something like $60.00.
    Haven't used it enough to say yay or nay, but the couple times out it has stayed on target (trees and fenceposts).

Get yourself a decent scope, brand is user dependent but get one with an adjustable parallax. I find this an important feature, more so with my 22s that I shoot at 25 yrds 50 yrds and 100yrds.
    "Society will forever judge hunters by their compassion for the animals they hunt." Author, Jim Slinsky

A women never looks so good as when she comes in wet and dirty from hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by RMG View Post
    Get yourself a decent scope, brand is user dependent but get one with an adjustable parallax. I find this an important feature, more so with my 22s that I shoot at 25 yrds 50 yrds and 100yrds.
    Agreed, you may end up using it for ditch chickens, if you do, they can be hard to see in thick cover with a cheapy scope. I have an old Japanese Bushnell banner on one of my 10-22 and a super clear fixed 2.5 Ruko on the other.
    Take a kid hunting its more rewarding than shooting an animal yourself!!

I like a 4x by 32 mm
    yep that's what I said

something like a 4x12 with an adjustable parralax would work well I have seen plenty with more magnification also . seeing as it is a target rifle with a bit of hunting i would opt for a decent scope with a higher magnification then a normal hunter plinker.

the Bushnell rimfire scopes for $60 are indeed decent. A step up in quality is the Weaver 2-7x
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004