Thread: Shooting Stores

Shooting Stores

Hi All

I am currently on Holiday in BC for a few weeks and while I am here I was hoping to pick up some hunting gear – Gortx Tex jacket and pants, mosey oak or similar.

Anyway I was hoping that some of the more experienced hunters from this neck of the woods could advise me on some good stores in the location. Currently were are near Tofino on Vancouver Island. Over the next few weeks we will visit Whistler/Kamloops/Jasper/Banff and finally Calgary.

Now before everyone starts advising me on the various online stores I would like to say that the sizes between here and home are different. Also back home (Ireland ) we don’t get anywhere near as cold weather as experience here, so by contrast I am looking for something light.

Thanks in advance for your help.

regards

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Shooting Stores

Well In Kamloops there is a Wholesale sports, but you will pay taxes there, I would go to the Wholesale sports Flagship store(and brand new) in Calgary only one tax. That is were i would personally go, unless in the USA for Cabellas.

You certainly will be hard pressed to find anything in Tofino or Whistler. WAAYYY too many hippies and tree huggers there. Definitely go to Wholesale Sports in Calgary.
    "The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause."
    -Theodore Roosevelt France, 1910

Quote Originally Posted by SVIR-Symon View Post
    Well In Kamloops there is a Wholesale sports, but you will pay taxes there, I would go to the Wholesale sports Flagship store(and brand new) in Calgary only one tax. That is were i would personally go, unless in the USA for Cabellas.
    ditto for me
    april fool in waiting

Reliable gun on Fraser in Vancouver
    Hub Sports in Abbotsford
    Wholesale Sports in Kamloops
    Grouse River opens a new store in Sept in Kelowna.
    Northern Troutfitter in Prince George (if you go that route), but then you might want to head west to Omineca source for sports, just 35 min down the road in Vanderhoof and worth the drive.

Quote Originally Posted by open-sights View Post
    Northern Troutfitter in Prince George (if you go that route), but then you might want to head west to Omineca source for sports, just 35 min down the road in Vanderhoof and worth the drive.
    35 minutes if you're doin WOT in a Z06
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

ALL great suggestions..also VALLHALLA PURE just down from Wholesale sports in Kamloops...also coast mountain sports in ABERDEEN? mall in Kamloops..

Steven

Do not shop Mountain Equip Co-op they donate to anti-hunting groups!!!
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

Just north of Whistler there is a little town called Pemberton, Spud Valley Sporting goods would be worth checking out. Good guys there and a really nice area to fish or check out the area.

Thanks for all the suggestions guys. That is exactly the info I was looking for.

Best of luck to you all in the new season