Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Light wieght tents

Light wieght tents

My local outdoor store has two tents avaliable. Outbound raptor and Aslo hairier 2&3. Anybody tried one of these? Would they be good enough for early season muley or sheep? I cant find any info on line, thanks for any info, and I yes i would like to shop local!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Light wieght tents

I have used a NorthFace 3 person lightweight for sheep hunting before and it was comfortable for 2 guys plus gear. It also had a nice awning or whatever it is called to keep the packs outside and out of the rain. Try searching around a little bit as there have been other threads about tents.
    The Rocky Mountains is the Marrow of the World
    "Ain't this somethin'? I told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. "Make your life go here, son. Here's where the people is. Them mountains is for Indians and wild men." "Mother Gue", I says "the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world," and by God, I was right. Keep your nose in the wind and your eye along the skyline."

I believe it's called a vestibule.
    If you cant beat them arrange to have them beaten

Personally I shy away from Outbound. My past experiences with Outbound is NOT good. Take a look at Mountain Hardware, NorthFace(big bucks), and Sierra Designs. I have a Sierra Designs "Orion AST" and this tent holds up to anything Mother nature throws at it.

My 2 cents donated

Springpin

Mountain Hardware gets the nod from me. However all the big name brands such as Black Diamond, North Face etc all have light weight tents that will stand up.

Also check into the msr products I have a hubba 1 man and it is awesome when I take the kids I have a 4 season 3man north face and it to is bulletproof

Ive seen the Harrier 2, it's pretty light. Never used it though, so no experience beyond feeling the weight of the rolled up unit
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

Feeling the weight of the rolled up unit? A bit lonely Mr. Bartel?

Troutseeker

I just got another Mountain hardwear tent HELIOS 2..wonderful..HIGHLY recomended..

Steven

Thanks so far, what kind of money will I need to spend? My use will be 3 seasons but you never know what fall in the rockies will bring. Light wieght is important.