Thread: Vortex Vipers vs Leupold Mojaves

Vortex Vipers vs Leupold Mojaves

I need to buy new bino's and can't afford more than about 500 bucks. I have read almost every forum on this and researched as much as I can and the vipers and the mojaves are my best choices for my price range. More money isn't an option at this time and my old bino's are done. I'm looking at the 10x42 and I need something before elk hunting in sept. Would love to hear any input, like I said I know there is better bino's out there for more money but i can't buy them now. Thanks a lot Jesse.
    Compton

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Vortex Vipers vs Leupold Mojaves

i have never looked through the vipers but i do have the vortex razors and i really like them.

Have a look at Nikon Monarchs as well they are in your price range and are highly regarded in the bird watching community as one of the best bino's for the dollar. The bird watchers are super critical of their optics...

Bow Walker Guest

If you've "read almost every forum on this..." then you know where I stand, plus a number of other people here that I've recommended Vortex to. Zippo for complaints, nada, zilch, epis, none, ain't gonna happen.

I have and use the 8.5x50's. Love them. I went with the 50mm lens because of the extra amount of light they let in.

Just bought the 10x42 vipers and they are amazing. I looked at the Mojaves before I bought the Vipers and obviously IMO the vipers are a superior set of bino's. I also looked through Monarchs and found them to be better and cheaper than the Mojave's as well. They would have probably been my second choice had I not when with Vortex. I looked at Bino's up to about $900 and I felt/feel the $500 pair of vipers is just as good as more expensive ones. Keep us posted on what you get I'm interested to hear.
    Last edited by Shooter; 08-14-2008 at 06:31 PM.
    A Pine needle falls. An Eagle sees it. A Deer hears it. A Bear smells it

I had my choice of all Leupold Bino's and went with the Mojaves.

I ended up buying a set of the Vortex Vipers From Wild Birds Unlimited in Victoria. The bino's are great, thanks for all the input. Jesse
    Compton

Bow Walker Guest

Good choice Jesse. Mine are the "lesser expensive" ones that Vortex sells, but as I stated earlier I bought them specifically for the 8.5 magnification (3D legal) and also the 50mm oblective lens diameter - lets in one hellova lot of early/late light.

Enjoy your binos....

Good choice. I'm completely happy with mine. My last pair was just a crappy set of London Drugs Bushnell's. So I am really looking forward to getting some good use outa these.
    A Pine needle falls. An Eagle sees it. A Deer hears it. A Bear smells it