Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sat Phone

Re: Sat Phone

If you have a Globalstar they have a new plan that is a reflection of the very spotty coverage.
    I have it and am stuck with it as I won't throw it away.

The plan that I just got on to today is $19,95 / month unlimited N.American use. If you want to know more just send me a mail or go on their website.

Greetings,
    Michael

i dunno what all the hype about globalstar sucking. are's is fine. use it in the mountians ski-dooing,out on the lake fishing, hunting. we got 600 minutes per year. but we dont just use it for emergencys we use it when ever we go camping

We have a Globalstar for work - mostly mid to south Vancouver Island and the coverage is very poor. Before I spent my money on a unit I would rent one or do some research. I was told that you can check a website to see when the satellites are overhead...not good if you're in a 'situation'. Apparently too many satellites have fallen from the sky to make the coverage consistent.

Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Jager View Post
    We have a Globalstar for work - mostly mid to south Vancouver Island and the coverage is very poor. Before I spent my money on a unit I would rent one or do some research. I was told that you can check a website to see when the satellites are overhead...not good if you're in a 'situation'. Apparently too many satellites have fallen from the sky to make the coverage consistent.
    Good luck
    Global Star is used in our office from Burns Lake all the way up to the Yukon Border and it is basically terrible everywhere. The odd time we ae able to get a reception but never for much longer than a few minutes. The majority of the time there is no service.....