Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cabellas Great Service...+++++

Re: Cabellas Great Service...+++++

Thanks srupp. I just had some clothing shipped two days from the eastern US. I am curious how long it will take to get here and what the brokerage fee will bee.

Hmmm brokerage fees are STOOOOOPID...thats why I went with my buds offer to use his USA mail box...then its just US POSTAL service fast and cheap, and reliable...

cheers

Steven

Quote Originally Posted by srupp View Post
    I had ordered some new clothes for my upcoming sheep hunt..and when the paperwork showed up one of the items was NOT what I ordered close but no cigar..so I phoned Cabellas and as USUAL they came through ..no wafflling they admited GASP... THEY had made a mistake..and they would rectify it..they immediatly shipped out the RIGHT sized item special delivery....NO COST FOR THE SHIPPING AND NO COST FOR THE RIGHT ONE...AND THE ORIGINAL ITEM JUST KEEP IT..NO PROBLEM..!!!!

They ARE about quality..they ARE about service and they ARE about making it right..color me impressed again...

Steven
    Yep Cabela’s came a long from a lousy customer service to the best of all. Ten years ago Cabela’s would give you the runaround something bad. Then Bass-Pro got bigger and bigger providing excellent customer service. Cabela’s had to shape up or ship out. The only way they could compete with Bass-Pro was by making their customer service even better, because they could not compete with the quality of the products, prices and stock assortment. Sometimes it is good when to equal giants have to compete for the same customers.
    "Wouldn’t it be wise for us to be more tolerant of each other and pick our battles with the ones that really threaten our way of life?"

Its pretty hard to beat their service sorta like our Lee Valley Tools EXCEPTIONAL..

I began buying there for the "large " sized clothes..and selection however stayed because of the range of quality..from cheap stuff to top of the heap quality stuff with lots of selection..

Once we get the Cabellas here in CANADA with the same selection..will be a great day..

Steven

cabellas also has a live message chat with sevice reps online...takes about 5 seconds and you have a knowledable rep helping out all of your queries...no phone calls no annoying recordings and no waiting... gotta love that

300wsm

Has anyone here been to the store in Lacey WA? Any info would be helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by srupp View Post
    Yes Cabellas is to me as Martha Stewart is to my wife Susan..

Steven
    I didn't know Dick Cabela did time!

Cheers!

A-S

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzKTOUkroU0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpQE9N0OCnA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJ882QYzr-M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozBVguR5lrA&feature=fvst

shhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh..lol.....now THATS funny..lmao

Steven

Quote Originally Posted by Avalanche123 View Post
    Thanks srupp. I just had some clothing shipped two days from the eastern US. I am curious how long it will take to get here and what the brokerage fee will bee.
    I just the other day got wallet-raped by brokerage, so watch out!

I bought a hoodie for US $50 from a company in New Jersey and they shipped it out pronto - sent me an e-mail saying I'd probably have in in seven days via UPS. Finally, my package arrives (with the living crap beaten out of it) and the UPS guy asking me for $45 in brokerage fees in a COD type thingie!

Fortunately my hoodie was okay inside a separate package inside the box, but the scam our government is running is, as usual, sickening. I called the company in New Jersey just to give ;em a head's up on the situation and they were quite upset, but told me that Canada Customs has a habit of ripping people's property apart and then not even bothering to re-seal packages with tape.

....but that's what ya get for being honest and all.

I've done a fair bit of biz with companies across the line and while i've had some good experiences with brokerage, most of 'em have been unpleasant.

Boils down to a lack of respect and takin yer chances I guess.

All I can say is I'm glad there's a Cabelas' in Winterpeg now

Wolfman
    "didn't want the cabin lookin' like it was built by a boyscout with a dull hatchet."

- Dick Proenneke

I have purchased several things from the states over the last couple of years and have been "wallet raped" by UPS as well. The brokerage fee is charged by UPS and not by the government. The duty paid will be listed on your receipt and what I have found is that depending on the cost of the item, UPS charges a hefty brokerage fee. When ordering things from the states, I now insist that it be sent by US Postal and insured. I get a bill for the duty (if required) and just pay it when I pick up the parcel at the local post office. It may take a few extra days to get here, but I have never "lossed" a parcel yet and am saving quite a bit.