Thread: Bushnell E2 Binos

Bushnell E2 Binos

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with the E2's

The good, the bad?

Thanks guys.
    "The Rocky Mountains are the marrow of the world"

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Bushnell E2 Binos

they're good, real good, for the price. In my opinion you gotta spend about $1000 to get a pair that is noticeably better for clarity and brightness in low light.
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

I have subjectively compared the e2 to the regular Elites - I couldn't tell the difference, to be honest. Really good stuff for the money.
    "...the truth will make you free." John 8:32

I own a pair of Elite E2 10x42 and am happy with them. My only complaint is that the "screw-up eyecups" seem to work their way back down as I move around in the woods.
    Dislexic's everywhere! Untie!!

Member,
    Mission Rod and
    Gun Club.

a good source to investigate is the binocular forums on www.cloudynights.com. they have a pinned topic with over 300 reviews of binoculars of different sorts. granted a number of them are based on binoculars that would never be used for hunting (ie. 8lb 20x80's) but the majority are smaller hand held units.

personally right now I'm strongly leaning towards acquiring a pair of Canon IS 10x30's or 10x42's. the Canon optics are amazing and the IS (Image Stabilization) makes the 10x power smooth. and whats more, even without the IS turned on, you have amazing bino's because of the high quality optics. and without batteries, these bino's are LIGHT! take the 10x30's...1lb...so even with 2xAA batteries they'd be light.

oh, just note that in Canada they're bloody expensive...but if you go to amazon.com and do a search, you can find them for much less.

without further adieu, here's the link to the review sticky:
    http://www.cloudynights.com/ubbthrea.../o/all/fpart/1