Thread: Cottontail rabbits

Cottontail rabbits

Does any one know where I could hunt cottentails with a bow or shotgun in the lower mainland? Preferably on Crown Land...

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Cottontail rabbits

I've seen 'em in the upper squamish, but they always elude me when i'm trying to actually kill 'em. Oooooooooh I HATES rabbits.

I got up at 4:30 this morning to go scouting up in the alpine, drove my ATV all the way from my house, and while driving through the lowlands before daylight I was swerving all over the place trying to avoid hitting rabbits. I still ended up running over 3 of them,which jumped out in front of me without warning. The population is really getting out of hand here on the Island.
    Last edited by Darren; 08-07-2005 at 10:16 PM. Reason: worded wrong

RABBIT SHOOT AT Darrens PLACE!! Fred
    Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

The island is loaded with them (especially U VIC ) When i was there last I saw tons . I dont know of any really dense populations in the lower mainland though.
    “Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.”

they're all by residential areas and roads that I've seen lol, like the hospital and uvic rabbits, I haven't seen any while I'm out in the bush, just by roads and in fields.