Thread: Lower Mainland Ruffed Grouse?

Lower Mainland Ruffed Grouse?

Is there such a thing?
    Scottish by birth, British by law,
    Highlander by the grace of God"
    Anon

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Lower Mainland Ruffed Grouse?

Lots along the river where the blackberries are growing, we used to throw rocks in the bushes to flush them out. That was before the gvrd put gates up.

A lot of them get the shit scared out of them by all the Dirt Biking, Quadding, and 4x4ing that happens on the FSR's.
    The Rocky Mountains is the Marrow of the World
    "Ain't this somethin'? I told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. "Make your life go here, son. Here's where the people is. Them mountains is for Indians and wild men." "Mother Gue", I says "the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world," and by God, I was right. Keep your nose in the wind and your eye along the skyline."

I see a few on the east side of Harrison, but you have to get off the main road it has way to much traffic.
    I'm just here to provide moral support......Hey nice (insert animal here)congrats.

In memory of you dad..."you always leave a campsite cleaner then when you found it"

There's only one thing in life that constitutes insanity..... continuing to do the same thing you have been doing but expecting different results.

Seen them up chilliwack, harrison, vedder mountain,even on sumas mountain. Few and far between, definitely not in the numbers I've seen in dryer climates.