Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tenquille Lake/Kifaru Gunbearer

Tenquille Lake/Kifaru Gunbearer

Since it is looking like we will be changing this forum to a "Pictures and Videos" forum, I'll start with my picture thread!

I picked up some new toys this year, including a Mystery Ranch NICE frame and 6500 bag. I attached a Kifaru universal gunbearer to the hip belt and shoulder strap.

Both products work great. The pack is very comfy even wiht heavy weights, and the gunbearer is fantastic. You can crawl around under blowdown, crawl up rocks, use both hands...without ever losing your rifle, or having it get in the way.

I've been trying out this gear and doing a little hiking to stay in shape for hunting season.

Here is a little day trip I made yesterday, hiked up a popular area around here called Tenquille Lake.

On the way up:

Looking down to Pemberton Valley

Copper Dome- There is a little can up there that people leave notes in.

Approaching Goat Mtn
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Tenquille Lake/Kifaru Gunbearer

Sako in the boulder field

Tired pups!!

Old cabin, built in the 1940's, has seen better days...

Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Beautiful Tenquille Lake... I was kicking myself for forgetting the fishing rod!

Cooling off in the crystal Clear water

Meadows around the lake

The Bartell Shot:
    MR pack, Kifaru gunbearer (barely see it), Leica binocs, Custom 300WSM...

Heading home:

Begining desent into the Lillooet river valley

Glad it's mostly downhill from here!

I have looked at a few pics of the gunbearer and it looks kind of awkward. can you give more details about it. Any more photos? I also have my eye on the MR setup with the 6500 bag. I have heard it is the best for shorter stockier frames, but on taller guys the lack of load lifters comes into play. I am 6'2" and 210 lb, so I am a little unsure without trying one.

Looks awesome up there . Nice hike thanks for sharing . How long were you out ?
    R.I.P BiG Boar

really enjoyed your photos Clarke - looks like the pups had a great time

A Real Southern Canadian Beaver &
    I am Proud to be 100% Canadian "Y'ALL"
    + 110% Redneck Woman "Yehaww"

redneck wedding vow: til huntin season do we part
    watch Alison's Kitchen on "Nice Fish Pro Staff" with Gary Cooper

Is that a beautiful meadow or what, very nice , thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Flinch View Post
    I have looked at a few pics of the gunbearer and it looks kind of awkward. can you give more details about it. Any more photos? I also have my eye on the MR setup with the 6500 bag. I have heard it is the best for shorter stockier frames, but on taller guys the lack of load lifters comes into play. I am 6'2" and 210 lb, so I am a little unsure without trying one.
    The Kifaru isn't awkward to me. In fact, after you get used to having a rifle muzzle a few inches away form your temple, it's hardly even noticeable. Having to keep slipping a rifle back up onto your shoulder, or carry it in your hands, is much more awkward. There are some more pics on the Kifaru site. Suffice to say, it holds the rifle firmly, but takes an instant to get it into play.

I'd call MR and ask abotu your size in relation to the packs, I know this one fits me, and I'm 6' 265lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBanger View Post
    Looks awesome up there . Nice hike thanks for sharing . How long were you out ?
    Just hiked up for the day, ate lunch, cooled off inthe lake and headed home. Actual hiking was only about 5 hours. Tenquille is funny, though. You go up and down quite a bit either way on the trail.