Thread: Kifaru Gun Bearer system

Kifaru Gun Bearer system

Just attached this to my Mystery Ranch pack today. Cool system.

It's going to take a bit of moving it around to determine where and how I prefer the rifle to hang, but first impressions are that it's great.

I hiked up a steep trail for about 2 hours today, and I think I'm the first one on it this year, no prints and there was blowdown everywhere...SO I spent alot of time climbing over and under trees. It was extremely handy to have my hands free, and the barrel of the rifle below the top of my head, and everything out of the way.

I have used a few systems to carry rifles with a pack. Often, I will just use a sling, and take the chest strap and buckle it over the sling. This is semi secure, but the rifle will come off at times, usually going over an obstacle. I've also stuck the butt in one of those open side pockets and used compression straps to hold rifle on, which is very secure but leaves the rifle sticking up high, and it's really slow to get your rifle in action.

The Kifaru system keeps the rifle secure in your right "armpit" area, and attaches at your hip belt. Muzzle is about even with the top of your head.

To get it into action, you pop a QR buckle at the top, and the rifle is in your hands immediately. Way faster than unshouldering a slinged rifle.

I know some guys here on HBC use them, I've used mine once and it's changed how I think about rifle slings. I think it's probably easier to take a rifle hooked onto the Kifaru and an empty pack with just your lunch, than it is to take a slinged rifle.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Kifaru Gun Bearer system

I use the Kifaru system as well... I will never be in the mountains without it! I know some guys don't like the system- but for me it fits and functions perfectly. My hunting partner and I jumped a couple rams last year and I had my rifle off and ready, before he had got his bino's focused.