Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Footwear for Sheep

Re: Footwear for Sheep

I believe bcrams likes Hanwag boots...and yes the meindles soles ARE clunky..

Steven

I love my Lowa Sheep hunters. Very comfy and great support. To me the Meindls are not as well made as years past.
    "Our comfort zones can be our greatest enemy to our potential"

Hanwag (hahnvag) are the boots for me... Not cheap but just like Brambles these are probably the most comfortable boots I've ever owned...

Carl

Meindel. AJ Brooks.... I have one complaint. I love them SO SO much I even wear them cat hunting...and the feet do get a bit chilly in the very cold sub-zero temps.

Quote Originally Posted by MtnBoy View Post
    Meindel. AJ Brooks.... I have one complaint. I love them SO SO much I even wear them cat hunting...and the feet do get a bit chilly in the very cold sub-zero temps.
    x2...I've used them for goat hunting in -15 temperatures with snowshoes/crampons. A tad nippy but good support. The key is to keep moving or build a fire!
    "Every time is a once-in-a-lifetime experience . . . all different" Glenn St. Charles

LIFE MEMBER: RMGA, WSSBC, BGRCBC

meindls as well for me, depending on model you can expect to pay 300 to 450 for your boots, I can only get two seasons out of them, however I have tried others and found none that will last longer, Fishers Hardware in Vernon as well as a place in smithers also carries meindls.

"I can only get two seasons out of them"

Why only two seasons? I would hope they would last way longer than that.

Those sheep pics are just umm...disturbing.....
    I printed one out, and will keep it in my tent, for those long cold nights.

Thanks for all the responses, guys! Looks like Meindels are the one to beat.
    One question about the Hanwags: Is there nowhere in the Lower Mainland you can buy them, and get them fitted first? I don't think that I'd want to mail-order boots I'd never tried on B4. Id sure like to have a look at them, though.

Hopefully it won't be too cold. My comfy Setters are great for cold weather hikes, and sitting in tree stands, but are a little clunky for going up shale.
    Down shale....sure...up..ummm.....?

Quote Originally Posted by ElkMasterC View Post
    Those sheep pics are just umm...disturbing.....
    I printed one out, and will keep it in my tent, for those long cold nights.

Thanks for all the responses, guys! Looks like Meindels are the one to beat.
    One question about the Hanwags: Is there nowhere in the Lower Mainland you can buy them, and get them fitted first? I don't think that I'd want to mail-order boots I'd never tried on B4. Id sure like to have a look at them, though.

Hopefully it won't be too cold. My comfy Setters are great for cold weather hikes, and sitting in tree stands, but are a little clunky for going up shale.
    Down shale....sure...up..ummm.....?

hold on dude, I cant believe no-one has spoke up here??? Did you notice that all the guys that like Meindels have had them for years! I bought a pair about a year and a half ago and they leak like crazy!!!! 1 hour in wet grass and feet are wet. Yes I greased them and never stool close to a fire!!!! took them back to the store, the guy hand greased them himself and did a leak test himself. He agreed they leaked and gave me a brand new pair, the new pair leak also, I grease them by hand before any major hike, even walking in wet snow shed hunting feet were wet by end of day! todays meindels suck $hit, they arnt built like they used to be! Aside from the lack of waterproofness, I do love them for hiking, and I feel like I can hike anywhere!
    Hunt to live-live to hunt!

Meindls for me too! Have used them exclusively in 20 years of sheep hunting...