Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: "Hunters in Area" posted sign

Re: "Hunters in Area" posted sign

What a great Idea Will have to go buy about fifty sandwich boards and make some informations signs up. Place them on all the skidder and side roads in the area we hunt. Not bloody likely. But I can certainly see people trying it, in order to disuade other people from hunting in, What they think is their own private Hunt Zone

I myself would respect this sign but only if this road ended a sort distance in.

If the road continued in for miles from where there sign was set up then I would continue to head in.

Some hunters think they own the area and put up things like this to keep you and others out of that area.

Like I said if this road continued in foe 5 miles or greater I would be ignoring there sign.

I have had this happen a couple times in my hunting carrier with the sign ,I found out the road passed through 15 miles to a norther road.
    Last edited by hunter1947; 07-11-2008 at 07:42 AM.

Just leave a sign in the window of your truck saying "hunting in here" or whatever. Your not posting crown land, it's just a sign inside your own truck.

I do this sometimes, not to reserve land, but to let other hunters know that I'm in the area, hopefully they won't shoot the first thing that moves.
    Too many freaks, not enough circuses.

Carry a felt pen and write on their sign, we're in here too, if you need help find us.
    Thatskindafunny
    patience, preperation and perseverance

Cool Re: "Hunters in Area" posted sign

Quote Originally Posted by thatskindafunny View Post
    Carry a felt pen and write on their sign, we're in here too, if you need help find us.
    HA HA HA LMAO ! good one there !
    sit quietly by the river,,,,,,

eventually the bodies of your enemies will come floating by,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by thatskindafunny View Post
    Love it.

Funny how some here rush to assume that whoever put up the sign was "Reserving" the area for his/her own PRIVATE use i.e., "staking a claim" on crown land.
    It just didn't even come close to feeling like this ...
    ... and shooting at the sign ... wow, REALLY bright !

We came across the sign and in no way thought that this was a "reserved-get out or else" area and that we better buggar off.

Like Gatehouse said so eloquently ... "whats the big deal" ???

It's kind of sad really, that we have to start putting up signs.

People don't seem to use 'common sense' and 'courtesy' anymore - like when a truck is parked at the beginning of a spur road, and people still drive up it. We've all had it happen to us.

There just isn't the respect for other hunters anymore. If someone was able to get their ass out of bed before me, then they deserve to be hunting that area. Simple. Move on.

And for the record, yes, I would respect that sign and move on.

James

For 2 straight years I scouted an area for elk and knew they were in there to hunt prior to the opening. And two years in a row someone set up a trailer at the entrance to the area I wanted to hunt.

I was dejected but I left the area to let the fellow hunt. Eventually within a few weeks it was gone.

Same thing happened the 2nd year.....same trailer same truck. I didn't hunt the area.

3rd year ......same trailer showed up as I expected ... but at this point, I had invested plenty of off season scouting so I told myself that I was going to just go right in and hunt anyways because I knew the area was big enough. So opening morning, I park a km down and we walked right past the trailer in the dark thinking "you snooze you loose" ....

We had a good mornings hunt and on our way out -- we didn't run into the others ... got to the trailer and realized it was a cold camp.

They deliberatly hung a shirt, parked a truck and trailer there to show hunters they were there .......but they weren't. I hunted that spot with glee for an entire week without seeing them with that new found knowledge they probably only hunted on weekends but wanted to keep other people out. (perhaps the owner of that trailer lurks this site!)

I have seen signs in the past but I will ignore them until I actually see proof in the pudding that there are guys hunting ..... often locals will put signs up to deter other hunters out during the week and only hunt on the weekends themselves.
    "The mountains are calling and I must go."

-- John Muir

To all the people that want to block access to logging roads, Remember if the fire crews cannot get in, then you can be charged, your vehicle will also be towed.